Obviously an old computer would be the perfect candidate, but I need something fanless that I can keep in my closet.
Quick serches came up with these toys:
http://www.guslink.com/NAS.asp
http://www.trittontechnologies.com/products/TRINAS120.html
Both can be had for under $250.
Only downside, they support one HDD. A 1U rack or a 2-3HDD stacked unit would be far better. But those obviously are more expensive than $250.
Does anyone know of any HDD enclosers that have NAS capabilities with ftp, and support more than one drive, on top of that are cheap?
I know its a stretch, but you never know ;p
Btw look at this thing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64072&item=5730738652&rd=1
You can build a shuttle for that, which would support more than 2 drives too. But fans are not cool
Quick serches came up with these toys:
http://www.guslink.com/NAS.asp
http://www.trittontechnologies.com/products/TRINAS120.html
Both can be had for under $250.
Only downside, they support one HDD. A 1U rack or a 2-3HDD stacked unit would be far better. But those obviously are more expensive than $250.
Does anyone know of any HDD enclosers that have NAS capabilities with ftp, and support more than one drive, on top of that are cheap?
I know its a stretch, but you never know ;p
Btw look at this thing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64072&item=5730738652&rd=1
You can build a shuttle for that, which would support more than 2 drives too. But fans are not cool
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.