• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

recomend me a sound system

Ah, I didn't realize that those speakers needed 4 ohms. Those were the speakers that GodsMadClown recommended to go with the Harman Kardon reciever that I am planning on getting, so I assumed it would work. The description says the recievers run 8 ohms, but says nothing about 4 ohms... I'll have to let someone more knowledgeable answer the question.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...
 
BOVBZ likes his Marantz 8200 powering his AV123 speakers (Ref 2?). I think they have pretty much the same impedance. If so, a refurb Marntz 7200 is ~500 shipped over at accessories4less.com
 
Well I decided on, ordered, and received my new receiver. A refurb Harman Kardon
DPR 2005 off of harmanaudio.com's ebay auction. I have to say I'm very happy with it. Just thought I'd post an update.
 
The HK receiver *can* handle a 4ohm load. My polk LSi speakers are 4 ohms and the HK330 handles it very well. However, I am sure that solid state amps would drive them better.
 
Perhaps he wsa refering to the "digital amp" nature of the DPR 2005. The DPR 2005 is a "class D" amp, but i'm pretty sure it's implemented with solid state doohickies.

Also, HK rates the 330 for 55W into 8 ohms while the DPR 2005 is rated for 120w into 8 ohms. If his 330 can handle the his 4 ohm speakers, It stands to reason that the DPR 2005 with over double the rated wattage (using HK's rather conservative standards) would be at least as cabable of driving the same load.
 
yeah the dpr 2005 is a digital receiver. It does handle a 4 ohm load w/o problems. It actually has an OSD mode which uses a tv as a monitor for a menu to control all aspects from the selectable impedence modes to the individual crossovers for each speaker and variable LFE modes. It's very nice and makes it incredibly easy to set up.
 
Back
Top