Rechargeable Wireless Mice

BHenry

Limp Gawd
I have been using Logitech rechargeable wireless mice since 2003 and have had the MX700, MX1000, and G700 x2. Every single one of those mice have started having the double click issue after around the three year mark, so I have to replace them or I would end up smashing it against a wall after a while. I have used $10 mice at work for years and have never once seen that issue with them (Microsoft, Logitech, or no brand ones).

I'd love to replace it with a Logitech G700s, but literally the second review on the page is about the double click issue. Is this a problem expensive mice run into or just Logitech ones? I would ask for advice on a good wireless mouse that last more than three years, but the selection seems pretty slim and other threads have already talked about them. I despise wired mice so they aren't a good option because the cord always manages to snag at the worst time during gaming.

I have had several Logitech mice over the years and most of them develop a double click issue.
I bought a G700s and after about a year it developed the issue. I emailed Logitech and they replaced the mouse for free under warranty, I didn't even have to ship the old one back.

When mine start double clicking and are in warranty, I'll get the replacement then fix the double clicking one and use that and save the new one as a spare.
The problem is the spring on the micro switch, I just re-tension it and it works fine for another year or two and then do it again.
I actually had 3 G700's at one time, got a replacement for the 1st one then fixed it, when it acted up, then I used the new one since I didn't feel like fixing the 1st one.
when the second one acted up, they sent me a replacement and I went ahead and fixed the first two.
I ended up selling the brand new 3rd one to my brother since it was just sitting there in the closet for a couple of years and the other 2 were still working.

I have an M510 that lasts something like 6 months on a single AA battery. Rechargeable is not necessary anymore.

I've had an MX Master for work for around 6 months now. No problem with double clicking yet.

For that matter I have yet to see any Logitech mice have a double clicking problem and they are the only brand I buy for personal use.

I have had my G9 at home as my only mouse for quite a few years and it has never given me any problems.

My wife has a wireless Logitech mouse/keyboard and it hasn't had any problems.

In fact, the very first wireless optical mouse the Logitech released I purchased way back around 2001. Pretty sure it is still in use by one of my parents.

I've also given out a good number of logitech wireless mice at work in the past few years. Haven't had a single one come back with a double click problem... or any problem for that matter. We did have a couple travel Microsoft mice die on us though.

If you do have one that has a micro switch go bad.. my suggestion would be to replace the micro switch itself.

Unless you are consistently slamming the button as hard as you can when using it, I really don't see how they are failing.

I use my mice a lot, 10-16 hours a day every day for the past few years, before that maybe 8 hours a day.
I've had the double click issue happen on these mice:
MX1000, Performance MX, MX Revolution, and G700, they all happened to be top of the line mice too.
They all developed this issue within warranty except for the MX Revolution, that mouse was on a video editor and wasn't used as much, the others were on my gaming machine.

Honestly, 3 years is pretty good for a mouse.
Personally I wouldn't say so. I had one that didn't break until it hit the 10 year old mark. Probably could have replaced the microswitches if I didn't lose something when taking it apart. (*poing* crap!) I've got another that's almost that old now.

I had an MX1000 for about 8 years until the board inside went out. It was having trouble clicking with the left click. I thought it was a physical problem with the "clicky mechanism" (technical term). The left click no longer made a click sound. I opened the thing up and swapped the left click mechanism and right click (pieces of plastic that push a little button on the board. The problem stayed with the left click so it was the board. Sad.

Anyway I moved on to the Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Performance Mouse MX for PC and Mac: Electronics

It works well and is the most similar to the MX1000 that I have used. It recharges via micro USB cable.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
By the way I have been using it for a year and a half and still works like new.

I might still have my MX1000 in a drawer somewhere. I might collect them all up and take a family photo of all of them, lol

Back