Recently built a new rig:

hungryduck

[H]ard|Gawd
I built a new gaming rig about a month and a half ago, and I realized recently that I haven't used the thing in weeks, and don't have time to play games anymore (time for laptop!) so I need to sell it. The system itself is awesome, I was able to play oblivion on full settings, and the thing pretty much tackled any game I threw at it. What would be the best way to go about doing this? Sell it in one big chunk as a full system on Ebay, or the FS/FT forums? Sell it in pieces in the FS/FT forums? Go to a local PC store, find a customer buying a new computer and convince him to buy mine? ;)
Any tips on how I should go about this? And how much could I possibly make in the end?
And Lastly, anyone wanna buy a new computer?

Specs:
AMD Athlon X2 3800+ Dual Core w/ Stock HSF (with AS5)
EVGA NForce 4 SLI Motherboad
EVGA Nvidia 7800gt 256mb DDR CO (still under EVGA's 90 day step-up policy)
1024mb Corsair ValueSelect PC3200 DDR (2 x 512mb sticks)
250Gig Western Digitial SATAII (3.0gb/s) 16mb Cache HDD
NEC x16 DVD Burner/CD Burner
Generic Floppy
PCI Firewire Card
Vantec Blue LED Fan Controller
Antec SONATA II Quiet PC Case (has a very quiet antec tri-cool 120mm for exhaust, and another 120mm fan, a near silent scythe fan connected to the fan controller)
Antec Truepower 2.0 450watt Powersupply

Help is greatly appreciated.

Give it a shot at selling it whole on the FS/FT forum, maybe you'll find someone local, but IMO it's not worth the hassle of shipping it all put together unless you have experience in shipping stuff like that.

Back