Recently bought a LG LA6200 TV, now considering exchanging for a Samsung F6300 series

idyll

n00b
I bought a LG 47LA6200 TV just last week when it was on sale for $600. Now that the Samsung F6300 has dropped to ~$650 for this week, and I am considering exchanging my LG for it. I am wondering whether this forum feels it is worth it or if I should just keep the LG.

I won't be using the 3D function from my LG at all most likely, I will primarily be using my TV to watch Netflix and Plex to stream movies from my computer. I do appreciate the viewing angles my LG provides, and the colors seem fairly accurate to my eyes as do the blacks, which seems to be the biggest complaint. I also downloaded the LG remote app for my iPhone and it allows me to use my phone's keyboard to type things in, which I do not think the Samsung TV is capable of doing?

Is the picture quality / contrast / brightness / etc. of the Samsung F6300 better overall and should I get that TV instead?

Where are you seeing the F6300 for ~$650? I was actually about to head out on my lunch to pick up this TV for $899 that I am seeing everywhere.

Nevermind, I am thinking of the 55", not the 47", sorry.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry it is the 47" model. Really can't decide whether I should keep the LG or get the Samsung instead...

keep the LG... screw samsung, i had 2 die on me! and my GFs has some weird screen issues on her's

keep the LG... screw samsung, i had 2 die on me! and my GFs has some weird screen issues on her's

Funny you mention that, two of my friends that have Samsungs have had theirs malfunction after 1 year / the warranty ended. One is being used as a computer monitor now as the PC input is the only one that works. Still, seems like everyone else raves about the Samsungs more than the LGs..

Back