Recent R600 Reports have got be total FUD

I love how I keep seeing this fallacy... "I just bought all the parts for a corvette but it doesn't go as fast as my mustang... wtf?".

Having crazy specs doesn't matter if you put them together improperly, or fail to do so free of any bottlenecks.

Well in case it has MPI fuel system. It has a computer and values stored (Ken Fields), what to do in what situation the engine is in. If your change the engine more or less, the values are off. So it must relearn or have a chiptune till that time it doesn't run well.
So drivers are very important and that is so beta.

So Rumors are so differrent. Doesn't care much wich is right now. 3 WHQL drivers further down the road, all now is old news and the stance in performance has come to a higher level. Even nV G80 will still grow with newer drivers.

I think With DX10 and Vista merge there is a lot of work to do for ATI and nV.

Wenn at the 14TH all is benched. Next month after that and the next month after that again review updates give a different picture for both.

The problem is how much will the drivers get better and how much do they already have pulled out it
for aTI 50 to 65%
for nV 60 to 85%

Wich means if XT runs between GTS/GTX now, even nV gain driver peromance, but XT will catch up and reach GTX performance.

So Drivers are very important and the great unkown till end 2007, wenn it all fall in its place. Wenn nV and ATI reach 90% of what the can pull out of it.

Then Crysis is out hopefully And DX10 performance start to show.

Well in case it has MPI fuel system. It has a computer and values stored (Ken Fields), what to do in what situation the engine is in. If your change the engine more or less, the values are off. So it must relearn or have a chiptune till that time it doesn't run well.
So drivers are very important and that is so beta.

So Rumors are so differrent. Doesn't care much wich is right now. 3 WHQL drivers further down the road, all now is old news and the stance in performance has come to a higher level. Even nV G80 will still grow with newer drivers.

I think With DX10 and Vista merge there is a lot of work to do for ATI and nV.

Wenn at the 14TH all is benched. Next month after that and the next month after that again review updates give a different picture for both.

The problem is how much will the drivers get better and how much do they already have pulled out it
for aTI 50 to 65%
for nV 60 to 85%

Wich means if XT runs between GTS/GTX now, even nV gain driver peromance, but XT will catch up and reach GTX performance.

So Drivers are very important and the great unkown till end 2007, wenn it all fall in its place. Wenn nV and ATI reach 90% of what the can pull out of it.

Then Crysis is out hopefully And DX10 performance start to show.

Nice wet dream. What'd you do after you woke up?

You guys are putting me to sleep with all of this bickering - it's pointless. There aren't any DX10 games, and how many of you even have Vista installed? Sure, AMD/ATI is late with the R600, but it doesn't really matter unless you need to run DX10, which you don't (for now). Sure, ATI has lost some customers, but I keep seeing reports that they've already sold every R600 series chip that they can make into 2008 (one source: digitimes). I've always wondered exactly how many people have bought 8800s, I'll bet not many in the grand scheme of things.

I'm anxiously waiting for the reviews, that will tell the tale. After all this time I'd be greatly surprised if ATI has a loser on its hands.

Wat review DX9 or DX10?
Like I said before Drivers are a work in progress even way after release. The Performnace they manage to reach at 14th may isn't the performance ceiling of both rivals.
If aTI is equal or a bitty less in DX9 I don't mind. They could catch up in time.
Such card will be most need in dX10 games where FPS are in the 25fps with normal resoos and High settings.
So for me ATI isn't late

Back