recent problem with screen saver login in XP...

spotdog14

[H]ard|Gawd
I did the windows updates a while ago and finally was on my desktop long enough this week to have this problem actually happen. I share my deskto between myself, my girlfriend and a guest account. None of them have passwords (they are all seperate accounts) and my default it was set to after the screen saver comes on to go to the "wecome" screen. Well since like i said i installed the recent updates when it sits on the screen saver for a while and it go back in to use the computer ALL the accounts have passwords on them, and none of them have passwords set.... so i have to restart the computer. Its really strange...

I couldnt figure it out, so i turned off the "ask for password when waking from hibernate" and also the go to welcome screen after screen saver and it works fine now, but has anyone else had this problem? I find it very intersting....

Well, instead of restarting did you try just leaving it blank? I know you unchecked that hibernate option, but I was just curious if you tried leaving the password feild empty and see if it logs in.

STL3200AMD said:
Well, instead of restarting did you try just leaving it blank? I know you unchecked that hibernate option, but I was just curious if you tried leaving the password feild empty and see if it logs in.

yes i have it says "incorrect password" for all of them. Whats really strange is that i can alt+ctrl+del to get to the old style login screen to log in under the administrative account, but the password for that does not work either.... its very strange.

I though at first it was some soft of virus so i updated everything (AVG, spybot, and ad-aware) and none of them found anything. Well i mean they found stuff (spybot and ad-aware) but it wasnt anything that you wouldnt normaly get.

Back