I built a rig about a month and a half ago. Specs are:
Opty 148
Antec 550 Truepower
DFI Lanparty nF4 Expert
WD Caviar SE 320GB
G. Skill PC3200 2GB (2x1GB)
Geforce 7800GT
X-fi Xtrememusic
Gateway FPD2185W
Running on XP w/ SP2. Everything was working fine and I've been really happy with it, but about a half hour ago, I went to watch a few videos, and whenever zplayer loaded one, the screen would go black except for a banded row of gray and black rectangles across the top. I know the video was still playing in the background, because I could hear it through my speakers and I could also pause the video. However, I simply could not get the picture to come back. I tried restarting and changing some monitor settings, but everytime as soon as I loaded a video file (.avi or otherwise), one or two seconds later the screen did it again.
Everything is still under warranty so that shouldnt be an issue, but since the screen only blanked during video files and the file itself continued to play, I am unsure whether the rig or the monitor is at fault. Any advice on possible solutions? Or should I try to get a replacement?
Thanks.
Opty 148
Antec 550 Truepower
DFI Lanparty nF4 Expert
WD Caviar SE 320GB
G. Skill PC3200 2GB (2x1GB)
Geforce 7800GT
X-fi Xtrememusic
Gateway FPD2185W
Running on XP w/ SP2. Everything was working fine and I've been really happy with it, but about a half hour ago, I went to watch a few videos, and whenever zplayer loaded one, the screen would go black except for a banded row of gray and black rectangles across the top. I know the video was still playing in the background, because I could hear it through my speakers and I could also pause the video. However, I simply could not get the picture to come back. I tried restarting and changing some monitor settings, but everytime as soon as I loaded a video file (.avi or otherwise), one or two seconds later the screen did it again.
Everything is still under warranty so that shouldnt be an issue, but since the screen only blanked during video files and the file itself continued to play, I am unsure whether the rig or the monitor is at fault. Any advice on possible solutions? Or should I try to get a replacement?
Thanks.