I currently have an Onkyo tx-sr503 receiver. Going to buy the SVS SBS-01 speakers very soon for an upgrade. Now I still have quite a bit of change left over to spend, but I don't want to buy a component that won't benefit me...
Would buying a better receiver help out my sound at all, seeing as how the soundcard does all of the processing? I was considering a denon 3806 or onkyo tx-sr803, but if they will not impact sound quality, i'm not interested (volume is not a big concern).
So with a soundcard, does the receiver do more than just amp the signal? Also, i see there is a direct mode on my receiver, does enabling this disable the internal processing (if any)?
Would buying a better receiver help out my sound at all, seeing as how the soundcard does all of the processing? I was considering a denon 3806 or onkyo tx-sr803, but if they will not impact sound quality, i'm not interested (volume is not a big concern).
So with a soundcard, does the receiver do more than just amp the signal? Also, i see there is a direct mode on my receiver, does enabling this disable the internal processing (if any)?