Receiver troubles! Help!

walwalka

2[H]4U
A couple weeks ago I unplugged all on my components for about two weeks, once I plugged them back in I went through and changed all my settings back to the way they were. But now I'm having so many problems with voices, they can barely be heard at a fairly loud volume and near impossible at regular listening volume. I have turned the center channels gain up, I have tried setting the crossover at 150hz and 200hz. I have re-calibrated with MCACC twice. Everything is the same, the unit still has plenty of power. I don't think anything is wrong with it, I'm just struggling to figure out why? I figured it is worth a shot to post, Thank you in advance!

System includes:
Pioneer VSK-819h-k
Polk Monitor 60 front stage
Polk CS10 center channel
Polk TSI 100 rears
Samsung BD-D5500 BD player

Everything is going through monoprice HDMI cables, samsung BD is set to PCM and the first time the system is turned on the first play back I don't get any center channel and power cycling the receiver fixes this. But when the unit is on Bitstream, I get loud static. This is the lesser of two evils. Is it time to replace the receiver?

150-200Hz is FAR too high a crossover if you have any subwoofer whatsoever even if you have bookshelf speakers...and for ye with floor cabinets, it is a waste of your floor cabinets.

Do you still have this issue at 80-100Hz crossover or lower?

150-200Hz is FAR too high a crossover if you have any subwoofer whatsoever even if you have bookshelf speakers...and for ye with floor cabinets, it is a waste of your floor cabinets.

Do you still have this issue at 80-100Hz crossover or lower?

Yes, it gets worse. At 80hz there is way to much bass coming out of the speakers and it just kills the voices even further.

Yes, it gets worse. At 80hz there is way to much bass coming out of the speakers and it just kills the voices even further.

Easy check, are all your speakers wired correctly? An out of phase speaker could easily cause MCACC to overcrank the bass on the EQ as well as causing frequency cancellation.

Easy check, are all your speakers wired correctly? An out of phase speaker could easily cause MCACC to overcrank the bass on the EQ as well as causing frequency cancellation.

They are all wired correctly, that was the first thing I thought. I checked it like 6 times.....

Back