• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Receiver for 2.1 Setup

Gleeky

n00b
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
20
Going with some Energy C3's (Found an awesome deal)
For a sub the Hsu STF-1

Now I need a good Receiver for about 400$ give or take. It's gonna be hooked to my computer. Not sure if I should go with a stereo model like
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3964198

or if I should go for full on 7.1 receiver. I mean, if I wanted to go 5.1 or 7.1 in the future, I'd want to go with something a little more high end.

What do you guys think.
 
If its just 2.1 I would have to suggest the new Outlaw Audio receiver.

It is just perfect for those speakers.

RR2150

Though I think it is slightly out of your price range, the combination would be just stellar.
 
I have 2.0 and use a panasonic XR-55. Has enough for 7.1 but that is overkill for my application.
 
Yea but you cant find them =/.

Trey that thing looks badass! I might need to splurge a little bit. Looks like something I would use for a very long time. The USB connection sounds great as do the reviews ive read on it.
 
the Harmon kardon avr140 is a great receiver in that price range, easy to find at places like circuit city too if you wanna look at it in the real world.

im currently using a yamaha HTR-5840BL in my game room it works great and is around 300 bucks.
 
I went with a Harman Kardon
HK 3480 for 200$ Factory Remanufactured. Should be here soon :)
 
Heh I'm using a Technics SA-350 that I got on ebay for 20 bucks as my receiver :cool: If I wasn't a poor college student I'd definitely get something like you guys are looking at.

picture!
 
I've got an HK3480, also-- got it for $260. I absolutely love it.
 
Back
Top