I received my Blue UV Modded Xconnect on Friday last week along with 9 Aluminum LED fans...5 Blue, 4 Green! Here are a few observations
1)It is beautiful....well packaged with plenty of cables...any versions you buy now will also come with SATA connectors.
2) The cables are shielded and pleasntly flexible, definately softer than I expected.
3) The modular functionality is pretty cool....but I did find that I had to use all but one 4pin molex cables. I have 2 optical drives, 1 hdd, the case fans (uses one 4 pin), Exos, 9800 Pro. When you think about it....i had to use most of of them anyway...please consider that when considering buying...if you have only a few components...then go for it...if you have a loaded comp, it may not be as *neat* as you had hoped.
4) 2 of the 4pin molex cables are really short, pretty much, there are 2 Y cables that plug into the psu and can power 2 devices, one of the cables on the Y is long, the other is short. They are so short in fact that I had to move my optical drives from the top of my LL PC75B...to the middle where they are directly across from the psu.
5) The UV reactiveness is great, i added 1 UV ccfl in addition to the one in the psu, and it looks wonderful.
6) as for the power, I have had no problems yet, and the voltages as reported by my IC7max3 are stable. Ther is a ever-so-slight fluctuation on the 12v, but it is much less than my enermax 550w fma.
7) No burning smell as far as i can tell....and it is not loud...but not quiet either.
All in all, I would recommend it if you have a smaller case that is not loaded out, and u want it to look pretty. These can be found for like $80, and truely...it's not a bad deal. People say it's bad for OC'in, but to be honest, it depends on how many components you have and not how much you OC. If you have a HUGE case like me, or have SLI system with 6800U's 6 sata drives watercooling and 4 optical drives...than you may want to look elsewhere.
M
1)It is beautiful....well packaged with plenty of cables...any versions you buy now will also come with SATA connectors.
2) The cables are shielded and pleasntly flexible, definately softer than I expected.
3) The modular functionality is pretty cool....but I did find that I had to use all but one 4pin molex cables. I have 2 optical drives, 1 hdd, the case fans (uses one 4 pin), Exos, 9800 Pro. When you think about it....i had to use most of of them anyway...please consider that when considering buying...if you have only a few components...then go for it...if you have a loaded comp, it may not be as *neat* as you had hoped.
4) 2 of the 4pin molex cables are really short, pretty much, there are 2 Y cables that plug into the psu and can power 2 devices, one of the cables on the Y is long, the other is short. They are so short in fact that I had to move my optical drives from the top of my LL PC75B...to the middle where they are directly across from the psu.
5) The UV reactiveness is great, i added 1 UV ccfl in addition to the one in the psu, and it looks wonderful.
6) as for the power, I have had no problems yet, and the voltages as reported by my IC7max3 are stable. Ther is a ever-so-slight fluctuation on the 12v, but it is much less than my enermax 550w fma.
7) No burning smell as far as i can tell....and it is not loud...but not quiet either.
All in all, I would recommend it if you have a smaller case that is not loaded out, and u want it to look pretty. These can be found for like $80, and truely...it's not a bad deal. People say it's bad for OC'in, but to be honest, it depends on how many components you have and not how much you OC. If you have a HUGE case like me, or have SLI system with 6800U's 6 sata drives watercooling and 4 optical drives...than you may want to look elsewhere.
M