receipt of work assignments avg ram useage?

hehe... man, I got no idea.

Typically, when I run a hobbit, it usually has the minimum the OS needs to run. I believe that the program is pretty gentle with respect to memory.

My main rig here has 1.5 gig of PC3200 and my seat of pants feel is that it isnt any faster having that much with respect to my production.

What protein are those G5's chewing on? I currently have a p581_BBA5_tip4p running on my Athlon XP that only uses 11 MB. Typically 40 MB is what I see. Either you've got big proteins enabled or the Mac version is a real RAM hog. General question: does the log file report when you are configured for big proteins?

FAH1: Protein: p1308_1ryp_sv2_a4_k150_2fs
FAH2: Protein: p1310_1RYP_sv2_L4_k150_2fs
Directly taken from the log files
And I am not totally sure what I am looking for for protein size.
I can post them though if wanted

The Stanford project summary page tells me those are BIG proteins - 165K+ molecules.

I'm not familiar with the Mac client, but I presume you can run it with the -config option and tell it not to request big proteins. Anyhoo, those are not typical.

How fast are you folding them.
My dual Opterons @2.4Ghz finnish each frame of a p13** in just under 19 mins.
32 hours work for 320 points.
I have not got any of them on XP systems yet so I dont know if its just the Opterons folding them fast or are they worth more due to their size.

Luck............ :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

On my box with XP pro it is taking me just over 18 mins per frame on a 13** protein.
I am running a mobile xp at 2.5 GHZ. 12 x 210 on air cooling.
:D

quick question for mac users

How do you get F@H to start automatically when you start up? I have the console version and I always have to open the terminal and type in "cd desktop" and then "./fah5". There a way to add it as a service like windows?

I dont have a good idea on how fast it is folding yet, I have been doing some demanding stuff on it, maybe I will just let the box run for a day or two then avg the results.

As for adding it to startup, I am working on it.
I have a NetBoot network setup, so I can take PPC clients and boot them off the network where the G5 is the host, kinda like PXE. I am setting it up so it starts folding right when it starts up.
From what I have, you add a item to /System/Library/StartupItems, then edit hostconfig.

Anywho, I will tell you when I get it working.

Back