Reccommend cheap 120mm led fans

jcll2002

2[H]4U
I am going to be needing 2 led (blue) 120mm fans for my antec p160w case, and I was wondering what some good ones are. Also, I would like them to come with connectors.

Thanks.

I was looking at these but i dont know if theyre bright enough...cant really tell in that pic.

Also, I dont care THAT much about sound as Im not really going for a completely silent pc.

that was my first choice but do they have connectors? I dont want to buy them to find out that they have bare wires

I have the mentioned Coolermaster 120mm blue LED fan. It's natively got a 3-pin connector, and they give you a 3-to-4 pin converter in the box. Good fans.

i have one as well , very bright , 3pin connector , doesn't move tons of air but it works :)

I've got the fans you were asking about and they are very bright, however they are not thunderblade fans, they are rated much less than svc advertises them, more like 17db and 45cfm, still great fans for me as they're on a radiator

toddm27 said:
I've got the fans you were asking about and they are very bright, however they are not thunderblade fans, they are rated much less than svc advertises them, more like 17db and 45cfm, still great fans for me as they're on a radiator
would they be alright for intake and exaust?

yeah they work great just don't expect them to push the 77cfm svc states

i know this is asking alot, but can you take a pic of your rig in the dark so i can see how bright they are?

they are pretty bright. i have 2 green coolermaster led fans in my armor.
i wrapped 1 layer of black electrical tape around the LEDs on the fans cuz they were too bright. now they just give off a nice green glow...

sorry i dont have ne before/after pics.

jcll2002 said:
i know this is asking alot, but can you take a pic of your rig in the dark so i can see how bright they are?
I'll take a pic tonight with everything turned off, it brightens up my room by itself

i was thinking to get two of those 120mm coolmaster fans in addition to the zalman 9500 led, and a coolmaster led 80mm fan (blowing on ram). Should i just get a non led 80mm fan?

here my 80mm blue CM w/ grill blocking light of coarse

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1030883

1stwatersetup0097ct.jpg

you should take a look at these fans:

Yate Loon LED fan

Im working with one right now. The LEDs on this thing are bright, and the housing is this kinda blueish color, which adds to the overall brightness and evens out the color to the whole fan. The best thing is, its quieter than the regular black yate loon fan. Im gonna post some pics tonite in the SFF or case modding section once i finish with the other blowhole, but yeah, i used that 120mm yate loon blue led fan in my aria case and its really freakin bright.

im trying to buy from svc because im getting the zalman 9500 for $49 there. Just want to keep it at one place.

Altron3k said:
wow thats a great price on the 9500!
I know :D

I mean can you take a pic of your whole rig in the dark so i can see how it affects your entire case...sorry :(

just keep in mind that if you decide to add some UV later, the LEDs compete big time. you might also give some thought to the AC Ryans, or similar brands that are UV reactive, with inbuilt UV LEDs. those can be found in blue as well.

jcll2002 said:
that does help.

What do you have it mounted on to?
the one in the side is just sitting between the water cooling tubes and its a snug fit, I'm gonna cut a hole in my sidepanel this weekend probably and mount it, just threw it in to drop pwmic temps, the ones on top are attached to a radiator.

will second those Yate Loon LED 120mm's. They are the best 120mm LED fans I've tried.
They're soo quiet and push good air. I have them on my acrylic fan shroud for my heater core. I'm swapping my Antec 120mm blue led fan for another one. At 12v they're pretty darn quiet. I hear at 5v they're silent. I'll be putting them on Coolermaster Cooldrive 6's.

Back