• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Reccomendation for 2.1 speaker setup

mannyd11

n00b
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
28
Hey guys, I'm looking to invest in a new pair of computer speakers and I'm looking to spend $180CDN max before taxes. So far I've been considering the likes of the Edifier S330D, Klipsch Promedia 2.1 and the Logitech Z-2300's. What I want from these speakers is something that can deliver crisp music quality and with a whole lot of bass. I'm not much of an audiophile so I don't think I can really articulate what I want better than that. The speakers will be primarily used for music and maybe some gaming in the future.

If there are another set of 2.1's you guys think would be better for that price range let me know. Btw newegg.ca or ncix.ca will be the site of choice.

Cheers
 
I haven't heard the Edifier system.

The Klipsch will definitely deliver crisp sound with ample bass that's well balanced for the set, but it won't be on a level that will annoy your neighbors unless you live in an apartment.

The Z-2300s will deliver much more bass, but many consider it muddy and bloated. The satellites won't have the crystal clear quality of the Klipsch satellites.

Generally, the Klipsch set is more highly regarded for music while a lot of people prefer the Z-2300s for games and movies. I used the ProMedia 2.1s for music and games and was very satisfied overall. The midrange is a bit recessed, but I still loved the sound quality at that price point. The bass was ample for games in most scenarios, but it never "gets in the way." For heavy weapons and explosions, my 15" sub offers a LOT more kick; you can most definitely feel the bass and that would be the case with the Z-2300s also (to a lesser degree, of course).
 
Klipsch delivers better treble with its tweeters while Logitech will thump more with the bass. Most people prefer the Klipsch promedias over the z-2300s though.
 
The logitechs have horrible bass. They out-thump everything else, but they'll be doing it at 10% Total Harmonic Distortion!
 
Back
Top