Reccomend me a new case.

So, here's the deal. I've had an Antec 1200 for quite some time now. Generally speaking, I really liked this case. It's big and stays cool. There are several things that I do not like about it though.

- The washable dust filters are a huge pita to get to.
- despite it's size, cable management is a bitch.
- I don't like how the hard drives face; makes it difficult to hide cables and can make removing hard drives or gpu's a problem as well.

I have been reading various forums, and watching case reviews/unboxings all day today. I'm not sure what case best meets my needs, that has a decent value.

Here is my list of demands:
-
- room for 5 3.5" harddrives, and 1 2.5" ssd
- easily assessable dust filters.
- excellent cable management
- wide enough to accommodate my current cpu heatsink and fan (cooler master 212+)
- the ability to install either a corsair h80 or h100 water cooling solution in the near future.

- Budget: ~$170

What about the NZXT Switch 810 full tower case?

- It can hold up to 6 3.5" drive bays
- Has 3 dust filters (one for the PSU, one for the front bottom of case, and one in the front where the 140mm fan is located)
- Excellent cable management
- Is wide to fit all varieties of motherboards + very large air CPU coolers + you can fit the Corsair H100 in the top
- Great for watercooling the CPU + GPU cards
- Comes in black or white -- I am planning on getting the white very soon to replace my HAF 932
- Cost: $170
- Also got great reviews!!

Newegg link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146089
-

YouTube Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnfBm114rzI&feature=g-user-u

YouTube Review 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHjJ8sPe_8

Good choice. I just ordered it's younger cousin 400R after weighing my options between about a dozen cases.

Last edited:
eh, i never liked the look of the 600t. i love how simple looking the 650d is the only draw back aesthetically i think is the side window grommet. i am having a hard time deciding if i want to get the mesh side panel right now because i think it improves the look of the case overall... but i really like the window because my guts are just so pretty >_>

i do suggest if you get the 650d to get a separate fan controller. the stock one is kind of shit. i took it out completely a few days after use and noticed a lot of peoples have burnt out.

Silverstone Fortress FT02B without the window.

old case, but still very very good.

now it came with USB3.0, with a converter to convert the part back to USB 2.0

PS, sorry, i didnt see you have a 170 dollar budget. but think about it. this can be the last case you ever need to buy

eh, i never liked the look of the 600t. i love how simple looking the 650d is the only draw back aesthetically i think is the side window grommet. i am having a hard time deciding if i want to get the mesh side panel right now because i think it improves the look of the case overall... but i really like the window because my guts are just so pretty >_>

i do suggest if you get the 650d to get a separate fan controller. the stock one is kind of shit. i took it out completely a few days after use and noticed a lot of peoples have burnt out.
I like the simplicity of the 650d better; the overall 90 degree angles everywhere... I do like the 4 usb 2.0 on the front of the 600t, and the fact that it is a little bigger and heavier also.

I also don't really need the hot swappable 3.5/2.5" drive thing on top of the 650d... I like the ability to easily put fans on the side window of the 600t. Overall I think I would have to go with the 600t over the 650d... That's just how I feel about it. YMMV. and I am still on the fence... Still looking at other cases besides Corsair too.

Well, I don't think the p280 is for me. Noise is not an issue, and after debating with myself for days, I think I want a window.

The Corsair 650D is a great case for wire management and is roomy. Will definitely fit a 212+. I had one before I bought a H100. Air flow, however is it's biggest weakness. I got the mesh side panel and put two fans on it. It helped lower temps well.

Excellent! Please post your thoughts on it when it arrives and you've had a chance to check it out.

Is it weird that i feel i have won?

Yeah.... it's weird.
I lol'd :)

Honestly I had my heart on a Corsair case from the beginning; I just wanted to see what other people would try to sell me on.

The NZXT switch 810 looks like an awesome case, however I have issues with it.

Firstly, so not to seem totally negative, there are several things I do like about the NZXT switch 810 case... It's big, sexy, large window, simple minimalistic SD card reader, lots of places to put fans, and the white LED that is over the IO shield. very awesome!

Unfortnatly the NZXT Switch 810 has some issues that kill it for me. The front dust filter has to be unscrewed, It's going to be a nightmare for dust and fingerprints, the vent on top looks cheep, and is kind of stupid anyway.... then I don't remember what I meant when taking notes while watching days of videos on cases, but I scribbled something down about thumbscrews as a negative.... idk...

Ah, didn't notice there were two pages. Congratulations on your brilliant new case. I know you won't be disappointed with the 650D :)

Just take your time routing cables behind the motherboard tray, I wish there was a little more room between the tray and the side panel. :(

Just take your time routing cables behind the motherboard tray, I wish there was a little more room between the tray and the side panel. :(
Well, that's the only thing i'm anal about (unlike my robotic friends that I previously mentioned.) :p

The case will be here monday, but I'm heading out of town to go camping with the fam, Will be back Wed. to transfer stuff from the Antec 1200.

Back