• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Reccomend A Case?

zacdl

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 12, 2007
Messages
2,012
I just love the Antec P180. It seems like it is solid (From reviews I have read, it is a very heavy case), very quiet, and very cool with the three included fans.

I just dont see myself spending the $150 on the thing (after shipping), so I was wondering if there was anything else like it?

One thing I love about it is the simplicity. I really dont burn discs off that much, so a case door is not a problem. It is just such a clean looking case. No drive bays, buttons, or anything like that all over the place. Since this will be in the bedroom, I really didn't feel like going the whole "LED" route (it would be cool to have, but not practical if it would simulate daylight at 2 AM).

Open to suggestions, thanks!
 
I just love the Antec P180. It seems like it is solid (From reviews I have read, it is a very heavy case), very quiet, and very cool with the three included fans.

I just dont see myself spending the $150 on the thing (after shipping), so I was wondering if there was anything else like it?

One thing I love about it is the simplicity. I really dont burn discs off that much, so a case door is not a problem. It is just such a clean looking case. No drive bays, buttons, or anything like that all over the place. Since this will be in the bedroom, I really didn't feel like going the whole "LED" route (it would be cool to have, but not practical if it would simulate daylight at 2 AM).

Open to suggestions, thanks!

I think CompUSA has it for $99.99 w/free shipping, but you'd still need a power supply...
 
Oh sorry about that...:eek:

Anyway, for about $50 you can get a Cooler Master cavalier. There also pretty nice.
 
I'll put those in the maybes. Still got to get a power supply with it then.

Any other suggestions?
 
Not exactly sure yet. Still in the whole planning phase.

I pretty much have a good idea what I am going to run, I just want to get a good, sturdy, quiet, and cool case.

I was planning on an Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 2 GB DDR 2 SDRAM, and just a SATA hard drive. Probably a DVD burner.
 
I did. Just saying its WORTH the 150.. even though its only like 115 after rebates on newegg right now.
 
I'm asking around for alternatives... other cases which are similar but possibly cheaper.
 
Back
Top