rebuilding battery packs

x1600c

Limp Gawd
I got a sony pcg-c1x from a friend... but the battery was dead so I set out to replace it. There are 3x (4/3A) cells and the chemestry is lithium ion. I bought 2 of these battery packs http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=160&item=LBAT-35&type=store as victims. so after replacing the cells and reassembling the pack my worst fear came true the pack did not work. So after making some noise I decided to get analytical. after weighing the risks and the benefits and decided to do a "partial bypass" on the power traces. Basically I connected the batteries directly to the power output connector on in the battery pack thus bypassing the most of the electronics in the pack but still providing voltage input to them. Surprisingly, this works. So now I I charge up the pack and everything is fine... now time to replace the ccfl inverter.....

Pretty cool. You can also have some companies rebuild batteries that would make them work with the orignal circuit fine. You did this cheaper though which is always good.

does anyone know where I can get some low profile inverters for a few dollars? or has anyone tried using white LEDs for a backlight?

I have not tried leds in a screen that big. I tried it on like a 5inch screen with some success. As far as the inverter I would just try to find the real sony one as it is prob not that expensive but if you google it there are some sites that sell generic ones.

Back