Rebuild: BB Quad

LazyKid

n00b
So my eyes are burning from doing nothing the past few hours. haha

dual cpu's x 2 = qaud cores

This is a rebuild of my 2 old systems. 1 is dual celeron 370? and 2 is dual xeon 603 built 4 yrs ago. right now my case, well thats taking the longest to figure out. its a areo cool lubic cube case. its like linkin logs but build your own case.

i've stripped it down and built it back up. at first its like Mountain-Mod UFO-2. a big box! it held a PC-DL mobo, 2x xeon, 4-6x HDD, res, pump, radiator, 6+ fans. its an open case.

DSC01948.jpg

this is it after i built it years ago.

getgin really tire! i will add more later. thanks for looking more to come!

a few days ago ive taken out all the parts and some of the bars.

here is what it looks like over the past few days

The first day i was working on the comp.
DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0230.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

everything out!

DSC_0241.jpg

moved the mobo over the side.

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

Day 2

the dual 370 were in this case. took everything out, gutted it, and this was what i really need.

DSC_0247.jpg

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

i added in the second mobo tray

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0254.jpg

Day 3 i think

right now its in bother mobo/cpu. one has some cards in it for space testing and dvd-rom

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0512.jpg

DSC_0513.jpg

got the psu in between the mobo trays. also moved around the usb and fire wire to the top back of the dual xeon board.

DSC_0514.jpg

i know i know i know i live in a dusty area it cant be help!

think of putting a 4 port hub on the back somewhere and also maybe building a skulltrial later.

you are wearing an ESD wristband when jumping around on your socks on that carpet wright?

to mikey - lol thanks

no updates yet still thinking. I need my 24pin connector a lil longer and placement for the 4 port or just stick on my desk somewhere.

custom maybe. all the parts were from 2xLubic kits. i think if you email aerocool they might have some in their warehouse.

Project is kinda at a stand still. There was no planning even when i first built the dual xeon. just do with what fits.

Some of the things i need for this project:
24pin extender

Memory cooler

Zip tie mounts

This HDD rack or these HDD racks

more ram

2-4TB HDDs

As of right now i mouont on 4Port hub and thinking about cutting both mobo trays to open up some room.

Side note im also gonna doing a simple MAME project on an AMD 2700+. All i need to do is clean it out get a new heatsink. Thinking about building a stick. nothing too crazy just simple. maybe a plan for this one.

Back