Rebuild - a zombie survival game

csmith811

Limp Gawd
Has anyone else tried the game "Rebuild"? It's a flash game on Kongregate.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/sarahnorthway/rebuild

It looks like a low-fi, barebones version of what Dead State promises to be. You control a small colony, fight zombies, protect your base, manage food/housing/happiness, and survey the surrounding areas. It even has at least three ways to win.

While I prefer bigger titles, my main computer has a dead PSU right now so I'm stuck gaming on an old laptop. Found this little gem and it's been keeping me up late with a "just one more day" type of game play. Have you played anything similar that you liked better? If so, please share!

Side note:
Posted this originally on a different forum for the audio series We're Alive. (We're Alive is an audio drama like no other; a survival show about survivors after a "zombie" outbreak. Fantastic stuff.)

Liked it, but damn....it's a bit long. I know you can sign up to save, but I'm not. Flash games to me are a play and walk away deal.

Played it a handful of times. It's fun, but it takes a long time, and it can be a bit of a grind. Starts off with you struggling for territories as you need what they provide, while keeping enough defenses to stay alive. Difficulty doesn't really scale, though. Once you have enough survivors to make a decent defense, you just send all your spare soldiers to systematically mop up. I can play it once a month or so. If I play it more often, I get bored, because it is very repetative. Increasing the difficulty doesn't make it much harder (you just have to pay attention to your specialties, same as in easier difficulties, but it's more important), it just makes it slower. There is more zombies, so you need to dedicate more to defense, so you have less soldiers on offense and it takes a lot longer to conquer the map.

Pretty solid for a flash game, wish they would make a mobile version. I would pay $5 for this on my phone.

Back