Rebooting, Freezing and more

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Hey guys i am not sure if this is the right forum but here is what i am dealing with. So last month i decided to upgrade everything u can see in my profile what i was running. Now running x670e asus, amd 5950 3d, g skills 4800 30cl 4 sticks 32 each, wd m.2 2tb, giga rtx 4950. so this is the new setup. Now i copied my old m.2 1tb to this new one, i used a copy program as far as it looks was no issues. I did update the bios for this new motherboard. OK so first it started it seemed everytime i watched a movie on netflix or amazno it would freeze or just reboot, but then it was getting worse and worse, now just reboots when it wants on its on and freezes more and more also games like flight sim it will freeze after 10 min, To let u guys know now i am not tech heavy so please go easy on me. Any idea's what could be causing this is it hardware or software ? I probably should of built it and used the old hard drive before i copied it and made sure everything was running right but did not realize so too late for that. I been reading this 3d amd can cause problems, i do not know.
I do have my old setup still i can pop this new drive back in it and see if any problems happen if u guys recommend so?

Thanks guys in advance for any help, it is really starting to get to me!!

O guys just remembered this problem when i am in the bios my mouse will not move freely it keeps freezing up, i move it it locks up then wait a sec and it moves again then freezes, this just started like a week ago thanks

This is new twice this morning i am getting the blue screen and it reboots!!!! the hell is going on !!- It's like every day it is becoming more and more unstable!!

if you did a bios update and things started acting goofy, try a good bios clearing: battery and power cord out, hit the power button and let it sit for 5min.
if that doesnt help then pull all sticks of ram, power up wait a minute, power off and put one stick back in. see how it acts after retraining on a single stick. if it works, make sure its set to run at the base jdec speed and try all 4. if they work, work your way up in speed, you probably wont get 4 sticks(128GB) running at 4800 though.
also, what are you actual specs? there no 5950x3d, which wouldnt be on am5 anyways, and there is no rtx 4950...
and psu?

Reactions: Mega6
like this
if you did a bios update and things started acting goofy, try a good bios clearing: battery and power cord out, hit the power button and let it sit for 5min.
if that doesnt help then pull all sticks of ram, power up wait a minute, power off and put one stick back in. see how it acts after retraining on a single stick. if it works, make sure its set to run at the base jdec speed and try all 4. if they work, work your way up in speed, you probably wont get 4 sticks(128GB) running at 4800 though.
also, what are you actual specs? there no 5950x3d, which wouldnt be on am5 anyways, and there is no rtx 4950...
and psu?
lol sorry i wrote this early had one eye open i ment rtx 4090 and 7950 x3d am5, psu is corsair hx 1200, so i did the bios update cause the computer was acting crazy and it did nothing. So then i seen there was alot of drivers needed updates throu asus al suite 3 so i did them. Then for like a day or 2 it seemed all went away but then it started acting up again. I went one step up in ram speed and she will not even boot up so i have it at spec i did try one speed lower but did not help i will try taking the ram out now and do one at a time... ? why do u u say i will not have all 4 sicks running at 4800 ? u mean it can not run at that speed or like all memory runs slower then what it says? thanks

This causing any problems the cpu is running at 76c i got the best air cooler u can get with 2 fans max speed one fan blowing one pulling the heat ...Gpu temp is 40c so no problem there.

You don't say what Asus board you are running. Anyways, hit the bios reset button on the panel on the back that has the lit circular green arrow to load optimized defaults (if you have it) when it's off. Then restart. DON'T mod the settings or overclock anything. Four sticks of 4800 is a poor choice. You really want two sticks (preferably single rank) 6000 Ram. Anyways see how optimized defaults work. If you have a spare disk, try a new clean install.

This causing any problems the cpu is running at 76c i got the best air cooler u can get with 2 fans max speed one fan blowing one pulling the heat ...Gpu temp is 40c so no problem there.

Asus bios (newer ones, 670e) does this. If this happens, reset the bios as I outlined previous. This will cook your CPU/MB so be vigilant. Once you get a stable system, then work on optimizations.

You don't say what Asus board you are running. Anyways, hit the bios reset button on the panel on the back that has the lit circular green arrow to load optimized defaults (if you have it) when it's off. Then restart. DON'T mod the settings or overclock anything. Four sticks of 4800 is a poor choice. You really want two sticks (preferably single rank) 6000 Ram. Anyways see how optimized defaults work. If you have a spare disk, try a new clean install.

I did in the first post i wrote x670e but if u mean the name it is the rog strix gaming. What do u mean it will cook my cpu/mb what will resetting the bios?

When i bought this setup micro center did not have 2 sticks 64 each of any speed only thing left was what i got i know i could of ordered it but u know how us tech guys are i wanted everything now and up and running in an hour lol maybe i will sell off this ram and get just the 2

Don't worry about the ram right now, try and make it work and get stable. It should work fine, just a bit of a performance loss.

Cook, fry, burn up.. ie break, ruin, no workie anymore.

I did in the first post i wrote x670e but if u mean the name it is the rog strix gaming. What do u mean it will cook my cpu/mb what will resetting the bios?
When your temps are stuck at 70 degrees, it's on it's way to frying.

micro center has g.skillz trident z5 neo ddr5 6000 2 sticks 32m each cl30 for 249 bucks 100 off sale sounds pretty good ? do i need 128 ?

When your temps are stuck at 70 degrees, it's on it's way to frying.
Oh u saying my cpu is running too hot!!!!!??? what can i do about it ? But wait sorry i should clear that up 75 is under load like i am running flight sim or playing f1 right now i just looked its at 60c

Oh u saying my cpu is running too hot!!!!!??? what can i do about it ? But wait sorry i should clear that up 75 is under load like i am running flight sim or playing f1 right now i just looked its at 60c
Then those temps are fine. That's the way the new 7000 ryzen chips work. Very aggressive. They can run to 90-95 peaked out. Please be clear so we can troubleshoot the issue(s).

I am an rgb junkie !!!!! lol maybe if i remove some fans it will be cooler and don't start with all the ?'s of the fans mental illness runs in the familly!!!! lol

Attachments

• overkill rgb.JPG
    overkill rgb.JPG
    393.1 KB · Views: 0
I am an rgb junkie !!!!! lol maybe if i remove some fans it will be cooler and don't start with all the ?'s of the fans mental illness runs in the familly!!!! lol

Beautiful system, mine is just in a homemade open air frame case. I turned off all that RGB stuff. 😄

I don't think removing fans will help and you will probably be worse off. Monitor your temps/voltage with HWINFO. Fire that up before you game and post a screenshot (of hwinfo) if things seem out of wack.

Last edited:
Well its not the memory slotting issue i did the 1 stick in slot a2 as the book says then a2 and b2 and so on each time i still got freezing and rebooting on its own..

OK, I'm gonna ask what may seem like a stupid question...

Have you tried wiping the drive and fresh installing Windows off of the installation media? (After which, install the latest nVidia video drivers from nVidia and the latest chipset drivers from AMD, rebooting between each?)

Reactions: Mega6
like this
I know this going to sound dumb but i can not do that i got way to much stuff on here stuff for 10 years it would be a night mare, what i can do is take another drive and do a clean install and pop it in and just load the basicis and all updates which this drive now is up to date video drivers and all but i can do it to another drive just to see if its a software issue if its good then at least we know something on this drive is conflicting, i do notice just to throw this in that when i am watching a movie on netflix or amazon prime the problems are worse, also i will get a popping noise and my main tv goes black i have to pull out the hdmi wire from the card and replug it and the tv comes back on. Can tv settings cause issues? i got a lg gaming tv 1i have 3 tv total hooked up ..

I know this going to sound dumb but i can not do that i got way to much stuff on here stuff for 10 years it would be a night mare, what i can do is take another drive and do a clean install and pop it in and just load the basicis and all updates which this drive now is up to date video drivers and all but i can do it to another drive just to see if its a software issue if its good then at least we know something on this drive is conflicting, i do notice just to throw this in that when i am watching a movie on netflix or amazon prime the problems are worse, also i will get a popping noise and my main tv goes black i have to pull out the hdmi wire from the card and replug it and the tv comes back on. Can tv settings cause issues? i got a lg gaming tv 1i have 3 tv total hooked up ..

Definitely try that. Also... to avoid this problem with Windows in the future, it is helpful to partition the OS drive separately from your data drive (i.e. have 2 separate drives or partitions with one only for Windows itself and installed applications, and the other drive or partition holding your actual data, such as your Documents, Music, Desktop, Pictures and Steam folders) - this way if you have to perform a reinstallation, you only have to worry about Windows itself and whatever programs you'd have to install. With the Steam folder in the alternate drive/partition, you wouldn't even need to re-download your games. Steam would see them, verify the files are current, and re-run the "first run" process for each game as you ran it.

Another thing you can try is this: Put your old video card into the system and see if the problems go away. Everything you have described, when taken altogether, seems to point at a video issue.

Definitely try that. Also... to avoid this problem with Windows in the future, it is helpful to partition the OS drive separately from your data drive (i.e. have 2 separate drives or partitions with one only for Windows itself and installed applications, and the other drive or partition holding your actual data, such as your Documents, Music, Desktop, Pictures and Steam folders) - this way if you have to perform a reinstallation, you only have to worry about Windows itself and whatever programs you'd have to install. With the Steam folder in the alternate drive/partition, you wouldn't even need to re-download your games. Steam would see them, verify the files are current, and re-run the "first run" process for each game as you ran it.

Another thing you can try is this: Put your old video card into the system and see if the problems go away. Everything you have described, when taken altogether, seems to point at a video issue.
Wow sounds great but u just went way to tech for me i am not to good with this stuff i do not know how to partition, also i have older stuff not found in steam and i do not even have the disks anymore well even if i did do not even have a cd drive lol i know i can get one cheap. Can i just do a clean install with a new drive and leave this one as my second drive and make shortcuts on the desk top to get to them will that work? ' I do not have an older video card i had this one allready with the old system but this board has on board video should i try that ? and if u say yes sorry i got to throw this problem in under device manager the on board video video shows like the ? mark like its not working says needs updated drivers i do it it goes away and when i restart it it comes back. Mam i should of stayed with my old system did all this to gain fps in fs and i did gain about 20 fps on avg but what good is it when after 10 min of flying it reboots !!! i can not get my passengers to there destination on time!! lol

Last edited:
Wow sounds great but u just went way to tech for me i am not to good with this stuff i do not know how to partition, also i have older stuff not found in steam and i do not even have the disks anymore well even if i did do not even have a cd drive lol i know i can get one cheap. Can i just do a clean install with a new drive and leave this one as my second drive and make shortcuts on the desk top to get to them will that work? '

Could work, but I'd try swapping in the old video card first.

Wow sounds great but u just went way to tech for me i am not to good with this stuff i do not know how to partition, also i have older stuff not found in steam and i do not even have the disks anymore well even if i did do not even have a cd drive lol i know i can get one cheap. Can i just do a clean install with a new drive and leave this one as my second drive and make shortcuts on the desk top to get to them will that work? ' I do not have an older video card i had this one allready with the old system but this board has on board video should i try that ? and if u say yes sorry i got to throw this problem in under device manager the on board video video shows like the ? mark like its not working says needs updated drivers i do it it goes away and when i restart it it comes back. Mam i should of stayed with my old system did all this to gain fps in fs and i did gain about 20 fps on avg but what good is it when after 10 min of flying it reboots !!! i can not get my passengers to there destination on time!! lol
just as i sent this post while flying these 2 boxes just popped up

Attachments

• IMG_9236 fs2.JPG
    IMG_9236 fs2.JPG
    801.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9235 fs1.JPG
    IMG_9235 fs1.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 1
Deff not overheating its at 39c and everything is at defaut no oc, i have reinstalled the drivers like 5 times and all updates are curent, i might run to microcenter buy another card to try it i can return it after... i dont have one got to get another one..

Deff not overheating its at 39c and everything is at defaut no oc, i have reinstalled the drivers like 5 times and all updates are curent, i might run to microcenter buy another card to try it i can return it after... i dont have one got to get another one..

Microcenter folks are cool. Take the PC with you and there's a good chance they will let you test it out on prem.

It COULD be memory causing a video driver crash, but at stock config with a single stick? I'm leaning on card. Also, if the video card test fails at Microcenter, then RAM can also be tested while there.

If was sys mem could have anything to do with the fact i had different mem on the old board and when i copied the drive something is clashing?

If was sys mem could have anything to do with the fact i had different mem on the old board and when i copied the drive something is clashing?

No. Memory is memory, and it either works correctly or it does not. There is no software that effects RAM compatibility. If your RAM was fine on your old system, then your data is also likely to be fine.

Back