Hi, I just recently put a new build together. Here are the specs:

PSU: HX650
SSD: Samsung 830
MOBO: Asus Hero VI
CPU: i7 4770k
GPU: EVG GTX 570
RAM: G Skill DDR3 16 GB
Windows 8

Now, the issue is that when I power it on it will turn off after a SECOND, reboot and after that it works fine. If it's restarted it will work fine still but when it's "shutdown" it will do the 2nd reboot thing. I used one stick of ram and it still did the same thing and I unplugged everything but the essentials, gpu, ssd, ram, and it still did it. Any ideas?

-Thanks!

^^ahh thanks for the info. At least it narrows it down to the mobo. I will try some of the suggestions they noted. ^_^

Raja says the triple boots some users have reported are normal and should only occur when all power has been disconnected and drained from the mobo, or when certain changes to auto settings of the BIOS are made. Depending on what mode you install windows in, and what version of windows you are using, this behavior can change.

I have found no "solution" and as far as I know it's a problem common to all ASUS z87 boards.

If you are getting double boots ALL the time, and not just after full power disco or BIOS adjustments like voltage modes, you may need to have a look at your INITIAL VCCIN and bump it from AUTO.

Thanks everyone. It actually didn't do it today and hasn't. So I'm guessing that it was training the ram a few times like some have mentioned. ^_^

Back