• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Reboot = Everything in Gibberish

vaughty

n00b
Joined
Apr 23, 2003
Messages
6
I just installed a login screen using StyleXP and then restarted my computer. When it got to the login screen all the text was in symbols similar to the Webdings font and now I can't do anything to get rid of it (it's making my computer completely unusable).

I have tried changing to the normal login screen (only managed that through using the icons to navigate), then rebooting but the same thing happens. I tried uninstalling StyleXp (again using the icons to navigate) but nothing again.

I really need to get this sorted cause Im in the middle of my research project for my Masters and I can't afford to lose any of the work through a format.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks inadvance,
vaughty
 
Have you tried booting from the XP CD and doing a repair install? That would be probably be your highest yield strategy at this point.

Sounds like you learned a lesson the hard way. ;)
 
what about right clicking the desktop and going to diplay properties and trying a different window's scheme?
 
Back
Top