Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw

Thanks to developers behind DARQ we know that Tim's "we're all about developers" is total nonsense, and all he really cares about is deleting games from Steam. It turns out that Tim watches the Top50 most- wishlisted on Steam 24/7 (why he hired the Steamspy guy) after they've enjoyed months or years of free publicity and advertising from Steam, and then tries to steal them at the last minute before release.

If the dev/publisher wants to sell on EGS *and* Steam so customers have a choice, Tim says "nope you can't sell your game on EGS unless you delete it from Steam". I recommend you give this a read because what's really going on behind the scenes is slowly coming to light now: PCGamer article, Medium article.

That said, the Rebel Galaxy Outlaw dev does seem like a good guy, made a bad business decision and handcuffed himself to a hugely controversial store, and that bribe check from Tim came with hidden downsides so now he's just going to have to ride it out.

Darq dev: "I wish the Epic Store would allow indie games to be sold there non-exclusively, as they do with larger, still unreleased games (Cyberpunk 2077), so players can enjoy what they want: a choice."

I have no clue what kind of game Darq is, but it's only 20 bucks. Gonna pick it up tonight just since this guy gets it.

I see lot of comments on Darq's steam forms, saying they are buying the game just because they turned down Epic lol. If you product/service is driving customers to buy a product on competing service just for spite, your doing something wrong ffs. :)

I see lot of comments on Darq's steam forms, saying they are buying the game just because they turned down Epic lol. If you product/service is driving customers to buy a product on competing service just for spite, your doing something wrong ffs. :)

Its pretty smart marketing from the Darq devs. They get the moral high-ground and get to make a ton of money from it. CDP did the same thing a few years back regarding DRM.

I flat out forgot this game existed. I'll give it a chance once it goes on sale, or when I get sick with Star Wars Squadrons.

Whichever comes first.

Its really not bad. To me I found it pretty challenging with the limitations of the starter ships. Once I kitted out one of the end game ships I thought it became a lot more fun

Its really not bad. To me I found it pretty challenging with the limitations of the starter ships. Once I kitted out one of the end game ships I thought it became a lot more fun

I'll pick this up during a steam sale. I hated the compromised 2.5d model of their first game, and they have a long way to go to renew my interest.

Hopefully, they can do 3d right.

Damn, the reviews are brutalizing the game. The one that concerns me the most is the autopilot back to a station. Guy says that it works flawlessly, except if you are severely damaged, then you get jumped and die almost every time.

Damn, the reviews are brutalizing the game. The one that concerns me the most is the autopilot back to a station. Guy says that it works flawlessly, except if you are severely damaged, then you get jumped and die almost every time.
Never experienced any bugs playing 30 hours of so on the Epic version. Can't see the steam version being much different

To be fair, most steam users are trash lol

i could not get into this game. something about the gameplay loop (idk if it was the ease of system-to-system travel or what) combined with clunky controls and a really irritatingly claustrophobic cockpit view basically forced me out of enjoying it even though i ACTIVELY wanted to like it

Yeah I can see your pov on that
I like the clunky retro feel of it
I think kater ships offer better cockpits, the starter ship is basically a garbage truck so the horrible cockpit drives that point home

Back