Rebate problem

Gorilla

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently bought an MSI 7850 from newegg. It had a $30 rebate on it. The rebate is handled by 4myrebates. No problem, I've used them before. I go the their site, fill out my info, print out the form, get all of my documents together. I'm almost ready to mail it when I see that it says that the address that you provided to them has to be your billing address, not your shipping address.

My problem is that I gave them my shipping address, not my billing address because I recently moved from my parents' place and hadn't changed my credit card billing address yet.

So if I submit it as is it will be rejected. I tried to go through the process again, but now their site says that my video card serial number has already been used for the rebate.
I tried emailing them but they haven't responded.

Suggestions? Should I contact newegg? I'm just frustrated that they didn't tell me that I had to use my billing address instead of shipping address until after I had already submitted my information.

Change your registration information at NewEgg so your billing and shipping addresses are identical.

Phone 4MyRebate at 1-800-286-9146, but don't revewal your name or order number. If that doesn't fix the problem, phone NewEgg at 1-800-390-1119 and tell them your dilemma.

I had the same problem with a NewEgg or TigerDirect purchase but worse because my billing address was a PO box, and rebates require a street address. I ended up photoshopping the copy of my receipt, and I received the check in about 3 months.

Back