Reassure Me I hate spending money!

ChappyChaps11

Limp Gawd
I think I put my first big dent in quieting my beast.

http://3dcool.com/?module=product&sku=SILENXFAN

SilenX Fans SilenX 120mm 14dBA Fan ( 2 ) $23.95ea.
SilenX Fans SilenX 80mm 14dBA Fan ( 2 ) $13.45ea.

http://3dcool.com/?module=product&sku=DigitalDoc5
Digital Doc 5

Thats replacing all the fans in my pc minus my CPU fan. (for now) Tell me I put a big dent in silenceing my PC! I like all the stuff. What do u guys think? I ordered it from 3DCOOL.com if u want to check it out

save your money and spend it on panaflo fans. i replaced all the fans in my case and its amazing how quiet it is. not to mention, you can find the 80mm panaflo for aorund 4 bucks at svc.com. the digidoc looks fine but for about the same, you can get the cooler-looking musketeer at svc.com for 35 bucks.

I've had good experiences with Vantec Stealth fans, they're very nice and quiet.

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
panaflos ar eno where near that silent....54cfm at 14db...no where near

True, but its not worth spending $75 on 4 fans either. you can get about 18 80mm panaflo for that price. besides, you don't need that much cfm on case fans. maybe for a cpu fan, but case fans don't need that much quite frankly.

i have tried panaflos, stealths, aerocool static-x's, and silenx 80 mm fans. The Silenx fans are BY FAR the quietest, and the panaflos click if they are on a fan controller. god choice with the silenx fans.

i have my panaflos on a sunbeam controller and there is no clicking noise. which controller are you using ddrasus?

Originally posted by galois427
True, but its not worth spending $75 on 4 fans either. you can get about 18 80mm panaflo for that price. besides, you don't need that much cfm on case fans. maybe for a cpu fan, but case fans don't need that much quite frankly.

$75?
dude your talking to the guy who spends $200 on a barbell for his tongue and anywhere between $160-290 for a pocket knife thats carried daily...$75 is not that bad to me man, especially for fans that are supremely quiet. those 120mm's if they are indeed 14db at 54cfm they even beat....PAPST ! and thats a hard task.

Every review Ive read said that they matched em and nothing could beat this silence. They say they can hear the hard drive over the fans, thats the kind of quiet I want.

Just thought about it tho, now I have to replace my PSU fans :p

**EDIT** Even on Panflo low tho, its 7db over the SilenX on full

Well I also forgot to say I already ordered it :p Ill let u guys know how it is. I hear SilenX is the best anyway

oh man i just had to get in on this... these fans are a must in a watercooled unit!

chappy, what size fans are in PSUs nowadays? are you gonna take your PSU apart and stick one of these in it? I've got an Antec TrueBlue 480.

flip

Originally posted by fLiPaChu
oh man i just had to get in on this... these fans are a must in a watercooled unit!

chappy, what size fans are in PSUs nowadays? are you gonna take your PSU apart and stick one of these in it? I've got an Antec TrueBlue 480.

flip

Well for one, SilenX makes PSU, but Im probly gunna just open up my antec and pop a new fan in :)

**Edit** I think mine are 60mm Im gunna match it up to my new ones. They should come in tomorrow cuz I ordered them from NY, its only a few hours away (But I cant drive yet so I cant pick em up :p)

Originally posted by ChappyChaps11
Well for one, SilenX makes PSU, but Im probly gunna just open up my antec and pop a new fan in :)

**Edit** I think mine are 60mm Im gunna match it up to my new ones. They should come in tomorrow cuz I ordered them from NY, its only a few hours away (But I cant drive yet so I cant pick em up :p)

Cool man, let me know how that goes, i think PSU is a loud SOB, but he's great :)

Originally posted by Mikesta
Do they or will they ever have led panflo fans? just wondering :(

lol who knows, but if u want quiet, SilenX is 7db quieter than panlos I saw, my 120mm fans im getting do 53cfm at 14 yes 14db! thats damn good

Originally posted by rayman2k2
you do realize that water requires fans...right?

Really? You are a quick one. You can get away with one on an h2o rig. He is talking like 4.

Originally posted by 2Fresh
Really? You are a quick one. You can get away with one on an h2o rig. He is talking like 4.

or you could go with out a fan and just use a huge fuckin res or a modded radiator out of like an F-150 or something :p

Originally posted by fLiPaChu
hey Chappy, update me on those fans, how they workin out?

flip

In my opinion they are amazing. You could notice the db drop imidiately. I realize now that I want to get one for my PSU cuz it seems so loud.

I installed the 2 80mm fans into the window on my case door, 1 120mm for intake in the front and the other on exhuast for the back. For kicks, after I hooked the fans into the Digital Doc 5 (which Ill get into in a min), I decided to turn off all those fans. When nothing got quieter I looked at the sides and back and sure enough they were all off! I was hearing the PSU and CPU fan, w00t for SilenX

As for the Digital Doc 5, I love it. Its not as stylish as it could be but I love the features, after all I bought it for features not looks.
It comes with 8 fan hookups, and also with 8 thermal sensors and 8 strips of thermal tape. The backlight is orange (thats awesome!) So I added sensors all over.

The temps went up maybe 1degC only because I turned on the comp with the CPU fan hooked in and by default all fans were set on off!! So I think i burned the thermal paste, but I imagine after I reapply it it should go back down.

So overall I think it was money good spent and my first huge dent in silencing my formerly noisy beast.

What do you mean when nothing got quieter? Are the fans audible at all at 14db? I might buy two 120s myself (14db right?) of course then I wouldn't even need a fan controller for these guys because they're so quiet.

flip

ask THEN buy.

there is no point in asking AFTER you buy it. You are either going to hear " that's gonna be great ", or " you got PWNED ". Either way, the outcome will be the same.

at my position, 5 ft from the rig the fans are inaudable for me. What I ment was I was only hearing the PSU in the first place, I never heard the fans so when I turned off the fans I couldnt tell without looking if they went off.

As for the temps, lol It is cooler, I forgot I had turned my UV lights back on :p it raised my temps, so u should be well off with these.
I got the fan controller for features and I didnt have enough onboard plugs, tho all the fans come with a 3-to-4 pin adaptor

Cool, I guess I've made my decision. Thanks for the input :).

flip

Originally posted by ChappyChaps11
at my position, 5 ft from the rig the fans are inaudable for me. What I ment was I was only hearing the PSU in the first place, I never heard the fans so when I turned off the fans I couldnt tell without looking if they went off.

As for the temps, lol It is cooler, I forgot I had turned my UV lights back on :p it raised my temps, so u should be well off with these.
I got the fan controller for features and I didnt have enough onboard plugs, tho all the fans come with a 3-to-4 pin adaptor

no problem. I just switched my CPU fan to a new quieter one and its bliss man I walked in my room about an hour ago and im like did I shut down my computer?

Visable-assassin said:
$75?
dude your talking to the guy who spends $200 on a barbell for his tongue and anywhere between $160-290 for a pocket knife thats carried daily...$75 is not that bad to me man, especially for fans that are supremely quiet. those 120mm's if they are indeed 14db at 54cfm they even beat....PAPST ! and thats a hard task.

$200 on a barbell for your tongue? You must be quite the cunning linguist. Girls must love you. :p

Rimshot for intelligent play on words! And yeah, my H1As don't click on my fanbus...something is wrong with yours, man.

Back