Reasons to go Android

Windows Phone 7 might be slick, but all the apps are elsewhere.
All? Really? Even with a restricted sdk prior to the release of mango, wp7 application growth numbers have surpassed androids at the same age and microsoft isn't even counting demos like Google or Apple does. All? All?

Heck, the number of apps vs the market share... Really? All?

Because it's been the best platform since early 2009.... when the first Google phone came out.

I've only been saying it for over 2 years now, and now the numbers finally proved my case as android is the #1 smartphone platform now.

/thread

I used iphone for 1 year now and its shit, cant do anything...I am going for samsung note now :D

just try it out and you'll fall in love - esp if you are rooted and custom rom'd -

Hmm.... I bought my 1st smartphone in Jan. 2010, the Motorola Droid. I picked it over an iPhone because:

1. No iPhone for Verizon.
2. Keyboard.
3. Supports FLAC codec.

That's basically it.

I'll probably switch over to Virgin Mobile when my contract is up. Verizon is getting a bit too expensive.

my htc sensation is f****** incredible in every single way possible. the 1.2 ghz DUAL core processor is mind blowing, i downloaded litterally 6 apps over 4g at the same time. no iphone could handle that.

also the reason android phones are selling so well is like windows is better than osx. you can actually change things.

Bingo. Apple has treated end-users like complete morons for far too long. The saga continues and as a result your grandparents are rabid Apple handset carriers lol.

Get the latest iPhone, even grandma can work it because it was designed for simpletons!

what about USB OTG, NFC and the possibility to change the battery if you drained the first battery?

I love not having to use iTunes or any application at all to manage content on my phone. I like the option of swapping out my storage and battery at will, on the fly.

Just started using Google Music Beta last night. No defined space limitations, just upload 20,000 of your songs and stream ANYWHERE via app or browser. SUPER slick.

The best comment quote I found on Engadget (or somewhere) yesterday after the Apple announcement:

"Basically today iOS5 got this: Android notifications, Google Latitude, Google Music, Picasa Web, Google Docs, and Google Voice Search."

"Basically today iOS5 got this: Android notifications, Google Latitude, Google Music, Picasa Web, Google Docs, and Google Voice Search."
Apple has caught up on an OS level. Hardware level? Not so much.

It's the MAC vs PC all over again. If Apple hadn't been such insufferable douchebags about keeping their software on THEIR hardware only, they wouldn't be suffering the SAME EXACT FATE as when Windows came in and stole their market share by running on all sorts of 3rd-party hardware, ala Android of today.

Apple: Doomed to repeat history for not learning in the past self-raping.

It's the MAC vs PC all over again. If Apple hadn't been such insufferable douchebags about keeping their software on THEIR hardware only, they wouldn't be suffering the SAME EXACT FATE as when Windows came in and stole their market share by running on all sorts of 3rd-party hardware, ala Android of today.

Apple: Doomed to repeat history for not learning in the past self-raping.
Definitely not mac vs pc. OS X is an open platform and in many ways more versatile than Windows.

iOS is a walled garden and much more limited than Android.

Mac vs pc was about how you do things, iOS vs Android is about what you are allowed to do.

I'm talking about hardware, Apple got served in the past because they didn't allow 3rd-party OEMs to build hardware for their software. Same thing all over again.

OS X being open as you claim, who else is *officially* allowed to produce hardware to run OSX other than Apple?

I'm talking about hardware, Apple got served in the past because they didn't allow 3rd-party OEMs to build hardware for their software. Same thing all over again.

OS X being open as you claim, who else is *officially* allowed to produce hardware to run OSX other than Apple?
Hardware is a different story and not the best reason to go Android imo.

Please elaborate, with emphasis on how having choices is such a bad thing...the past has already shed light on this scenario.

Back