• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Reasonably cheap upgrade for e4300?

Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
932
Assuming that I don't win the drawing for the i7 :p , I'm in bad need of an upgrade. I'm looking for a new graphics card, and a decent, cost-effective upgrade for the e4300. I've been scouring the FS/FT forums, but I'm unsure what would be the best bang for the buck.

6750, 6850, 7400, 8400 etc. I've seen the 8400's in some cases for around $100. I think the IP35-E will support it, maybe with a BIOS flash? If that's true should I try for one of those, or try to find something around $70-$80?
 
q6600: embrace the future, get a quad
 
get a nice and cheap e6750 from ebay, I have it and its awesome, if you want to go 45nm get the e8400.
 
If you're gaming, your current CPU won't be a limiting factor in nearly all games so you really don't have to upgrade it at all. At this point, I would recommend that you just save your money and upgrade to an LGA1156 or LGA1366 setup when you can, rather than making a stopgap upgrade that probably won't do you that much good.
 
Yup, I agree with zero.

You should upgrade your videocard for $100, the gains will be much bigger. Your CPU especially since you have it overclocked should handle an HD4870 / GTX 260 just fine.
 
Back
Top