Reappearing Drives that aren't connected?!

[H]ard|Gawd
Specs in sig

Ok, so heres my problem

i'm on Windows XP Pro SP1 w/all updates, awhile back i used a Knoppix cd just to check it out right, after that i went back into windows and noticed in my computer a DVD ROM that i didn't have connected, also in device manager it said i had an SCSI controller and the DVD ROM was SCSI...ok so i didn't think anything of it

So today i mapped 2 of my network drives, from my server \\server\drive e Ok worked fine and dandy, same for drive d, Well i then decided hey, let me uninstall that scsi dvd rom, so i go in device manager, uninstall device, uninstall the soposed SCSI controller aswell..

REBOOT Computer...

When i come back in windows the DVD Drive that i don't even have shows up, and my mapped network drives aren't showing up in My Computer, but they did before.

What am i doing wrong here ? :confused:

Sounds like you created a virtual drive somehow.

Donno how to fix it personally, when it happened to me I just ignored it and it eventually vanished [ Or I formated, don't ermember :\ ]

I created one w/Daemon Tools but when i'm not using it should it still show up?? i don't have it running in my system tray either...

and if thats my problem ok i understand

but how come my mapped drives dissappeared?

Run Daemon tools (so that the little icon appears in the bottom right).

Right click -> Virtual CD/DVD-ROM -> Set Number of Devices -> Disable

That should get rid of the virtual drive.

network drives? u sure u mapped them or did u just have it in your network places?

yeah i mapped em, they were in my computer i seen and accessed them

i asked my teacher about it today in class and i didn't have the reconnect at logon box checked. BAH!

ok, thanks guys, i appreciate it.

Back