• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Realtemp lower then bios.

cleiomar

n00b
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
29
Bios temp is showing about 45c and realtemp is about 10c lower at idle. So, which one do I go with? Thanks.

 
What is your cooling solution, what is your ambient temperature?

Generally I would say RealTemp. Those guys have been meticulous about determining temperature based on Intel's spec. Several times motherboard manufacturer's have been caught implementing wrong.

I personally prefer running RealTemp in DeltaT mode.
 
I think the bios temp doesnt read the actual individaul cores like realtemp does. anyway idle temps shouldn't concern you anyway because they are extremely inaccurate. temps actually get more accurate as your approach the load temps of the processor
 
Ambient temp is 21c and case temp is about 30c. Using a h50 push/pull for cooling, temps usually max out at 70c with Linx or Prime95.
 
Back
Top