• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Realtek WiFi not detecting Networks

MuscleNerd

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 20, 2016
Messages
223
It was working 2 days ago and I fired the PC up after I installed it in my new Cooler Master N200 and it showed available networks.

I turned it off and did some cable management and moved the PC to its final home and now nothing. It displays the Wireless bars with a red "X" and when I hover over it it says

Not Connected - No Connections are available

I am currently on the wifi with my phone, xbox, and laptop so my internet does work:

I ran a Netsh WLAN show all in command prompt and this is what it gave me:

Name: : Wi-Fi
Description: : Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-e NIC
GUID: : Bunch of non important numbers
Physical Address : (Bunch of numbers you dont need)
State: : Disconnected
Radio Status: : Hardware on
: Software on


Hosted netork status: Not available

I have also ran a quick delete of all changes and personal data on the PC and still nothing.
 
Well I found my issue. My new case doesn't have these antennas so I guess I have to buy a new Wireless Adapter.

IMG_0016.jpg



IMG_0018.jpg
 
The cables SHOULD come with the wifi device, not the case.

You aren't able to transplant?
 
yeah it looks like you are transplanting from a hp or dell right? so unscrew those little brass stand-offs and find somewhere to put them in your new case. easy. or even just rip those wires off and hang them out the back of the new case.
 
yeah it looks like you are transplanting from a hp or dell right? so unscrew those little brass stand-offs and find somewhere to put them in your new case. easy. or even just rip those wires off and hang them out the back of the new case.

It came from a Lenovo H50-55. You can't just take them off they are soldered to the Lenovo case. So what I did was

-cut the wire out

-installed the wires on the wireless card

- Found a good grounding point on the case, loosened up the screw, and put the bare wire under it.

It may not be how it is supposed to be, but my wireless works perfectly now:)

IMG_0022.jpg


IMG_0024.jpg
 
I had a question about the wireless card In the pictures above. I am thinking about getting a new Mobo, but would like to use the same wireless card. Is that possible or is that designed specifically for that Lenovo motherboard?

The motherboards I have looked at do not seem to have that expansion Or do most monos have their own wireless card built in ?

Would the wireless appear on the spec sheet as LAN and LAN SPEED
 
Last edited:
its not proprietary but not sure if youd find a board to use it in anymore. I would get a new card with a proper antenna for $20. usually only matx has onboard wifi, some bigger board do too, youll have to look for it.
 
its not proprietary but not sure if youd find a board to use it in anymore. I would get a new card with a proper antenna for $20. usually only matx has onboard wifi, some bigger board do too, youll have to look for it.

Okay, thank you!
 
Back
Top