• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Realtek Support Dolby D decoding?

godsfshrmn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
200
I have a ALC850 onboard and Z-5500 speakers. Which should I use to decode the audio? I could either let the onboard decode the audio and use the 3 headphone plugs, or let the z-5500s decode it and use the fiber optic wire.
 
if you use optical you will not get surround sound from games, as is my understanding

games are not DD or DTS encoded meaning the dolby digital or dts decoder will treat it as 2ch stereo.

in order for games to work you have to use the minijack plugs (L+R, SL+SR, C+SW)
(unless you have an athlon xp with soundstorm or an HDA card)

id use both

I perfer digital for music and use analog for games.
 
Back
Top