realtek sound problem on asus motherboard

hardennoob

n00b
as the title states, im having issues getting my sound to work. i have the asus z68vpro gen 3 and everything worked fine before. i recently formatted my hd and now my sound just disappeared.

after updating the drivers, realtek automatically defaults to Realtek Digital Output (Optical). i do not have an optical output setup and when i tried to set my speakers as default, the option is greyed out and i'm pretty much stuck on what to do. did anyone else have a problem with the sound not working?

i read how the nvidia hd audio drivers interfere with realtek, so i made sure to install the gpu driver as custom so only the gpu drivers were installed. any help would be greatly appreciated :(

How did you update the audio drivers? Did you use the latest R2.70 (6.0.1.6738) drivers? (Link taken from Z68 driver info page)

after i formatted my hd, i installed the my intel lan driver so i can connect to the internet. then i went to the overclock website (same link as the one from your post) and d/led each of the updates required for the missing drivers.

it was a clean install since the device manager should a yellow exclamation mark for the audio drivers.

Back