Realtek mic level low issue. We need a solution!

spaceman

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
14,959
Ok so there is a problem with the microphone level. People having to shout to be heard. My only guess is that you update to the latest and try this:

Right-click the Realtek Audio HD Audio Manager icon in the taskbar and click Audio Devices. Go to the playback tab and double-click your speakers. Go to the Levels tab. Unmute everything and turn everything all the way up.

Any other help is appreciated. I freely admit to being a noob compared to some of you guys.
 
On Vista I've got it and I can make it crazy loud. Right click on the sound icon on the sysTray and click "Recording Devices". Then click "levels" and up both the sliders, if I max both I'm too loud :) So... I've got mine at half and half. Not a bad setup.
 
...you could always slap a FiiO on it. :D

Only possibilities I can think of are:

Drivers
Software gain
Amplification

(assuming that it's a real issue not user/config error)


There's also the possibility of user error, either plugging the mic into the line-in jack or missing a configuration related to it. I vaguely remember Vista having a relevant setting as well - are we seeing any OS correlation here?

I'm not sure if this is the Vista trick I was remembering, but try going into Manage Audio Devices, select the Recording tab, right click and select Properties, then fiddle with the stuff in the Levels tab.
 
I'm not sure if this is the Vista trick I was remembering, but try going into Manage Audio Devices, select the Recording tab, right click and select Properties, then fiddle with the stuff in the Levels tab.

Okay really? haha, I feel like I just said that :) oh well.
 
Try enabling "Microphone Boost"? I get low input levels (with a non-Realtek card) unless I use that. With the boost, everything's fine.
 
Yeah, that's the one I was looking for. Where is it?

(I think? Finals fried my brains today...)

Crap, not home right now so I don't have access to Vista (if that's what you have). It's somewhere in Microphone properties (right click on Micrphone under Recording Devices). One of the tabs has a couple of checkboxes [and nothing else], one of them being the Microphone Boost.
 
Back
Top