• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Realtek HD Audio driver quality

bigdogchris

Fully [H]
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
19,097
I'm sure there's not many people in this forum that use onboard audio, if there's any I hope you can help.

When I was on Vista, I was using around 1.8-1.9 ish Realtek HD Audio driver. When I upgraded to 7 several months ago, I decided to switch to the newest available driver (2.1 - 2.2ish) but the overall quality seemed much worse. I rolled back to the old driver I was using on Vista and the quality came back.

Has anyone else noticed a dip in quality with the newer (last year or so) Realtek HD Audio drivers? I've just now got around to ask this.
 
Back
Top