• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Realtek Audio HD Manager divorced me.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
2FA
Joined
Apr 10, 2003
Messages
23,532
Tonight while playing WoW and chatting on Googletalk, my Realtek HD Audio Manager uninstalled it's self out of the blue. A white speaker icon was in it's place and said it didn't have drivers. I downloaded the latest drivers and got the Realtek drivers back on my PC. Now everything has distortion. Everything sounds like a bad amplifier if you've ever had a car stereo system. Both the front and rear audio outputs are doing it. 680i LT Sli mobo by XFX.


But here's the thing; it still has some midbass but the voices are missing. Like it's in karaoke mode or something. Spoken words tracks sound like a bad Star Wars movie. But then some sounds are pretty clear. Maybe the onboard sound finally died? There's no empty slots in my PC so what's the best solution to get some sound back on my PC. Listening to my Vizio tv via the HDMI sound is driving me crazy. My ATH-A700's have spoiled me. I'm desperate enough to kill off my ATI video capture card to free up a PCI Express slot if necessary. But that's last resort.


Really hate to buy a new mobo as I'm waiting on Bulldozer to compare it to the Intel solution. But I really need some sound! Thanks guys!
 
For a temp solution you could use an external USB soundcard or DAC. They range from $40 on up to . . . well, really expensive :p
 
If you have $100 to spend, I really like the nuforce udac.

If you need more features then get the EMU 0202 or 0404 USB.
 
Tonight while playing WoW and chatting on Googletalk, my Realtek HD Audio Manager uninstalled it's self out of the blue. A white speaker icon was in it's place and said it didn't have drivers. I downloaded the latest drivers and got the Realtek drivers back on my PC. Now everything has distortion. Everything sounds like a bad amplifier if you've ever had a car stereo system. Both the front and rear audio outputs are doing it. 680i LT Sli mobo by XFX.


But here's the thing; it still has some midbass but the voices are missing. Like it's in karaoke mode or something. Spoken words tracks sound like a bad Star Wars movie. But then some sounds are pretty clear. Maybe the onboard sound finally died? There's no empty slots in my PC so what's the best solution to get some sound back on my PC. Listening to my Vizio tv via the HDMI sound is driving me crazy. My ATH-A700's have spoiled me. I'm desperate enough to kill off my ATI video capture card to free up a PCI Express slot if necessary. But that's last resort.


Really hate to buy a new mobo as I'm waiting on Bulldozer to compare it to the Intel solution. But I really need some sound! Thanks guys!


You in the UK ?

if so, I have just stopped using my Asus Xonar DX that I bought a couple months ago because my XFI platinum wouldnt work on my old mobo, but the XFI works on my new mobo so I have reverted to using that and no longer use/need the Xonar.

SOoo, if you are in the UK, and if you want you can have the xonar for nowt, great sounding soundcard, on par with the xfi if you ask me and much better than onboard.

lemme know if you are Uk based and if you would like the card.
 
Located in the USA. Looking at the DACs and Asus solutions. Geek in me says DAC; wallet says otherwise. I have an Intel NIC in the PCI slot and the ATi video capture card in the PCI Express. All other slots are covered by the dual videocards.

Thx for the responses!
 
Back
Top