• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Realtek ALC658 driver/audio problems

YellaT

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
138
Okay, so i've installed old drivers, new drivers, and even older drivers. Nothing seems to work. The realtek ALC658 just sounds like crap. The biggest problem is when music or anything with vocal and intrumental (even games) the instruments sound great, but the voice is muffled like crazy. The integrated soundman does nothing when I change profiles except make things sound like they are underwater, in a bathroom, or in a room with so much reverb it is crazy.

I need help! Please. I can't figure out the problem, the sound was working great, then one day I played DOD:S and it started doing this. I have tried reformatting and installing windows, new powersupply, new speakers, basically everything to isolate the problem to the crappy drivers. And I can't seem to find the problem anywhere online.

PC INFO (just incase): WinXPproSP2, MSI RS480M2-IL, 1GIG Corsair, x800pro, WD250sata, Lite-on DVD-RW, and built in REALTEK ALC658C (or ALC658) integrated audio.
 
But the Realtek DAC does sound like crap. This is normal. :D

Seriously tho... what are you connecting the audio to?
 
Headphones. But I have tried speakers... same semi-muting effect of voices occurs.
 
Did you try putting it in 2.x mode, and not headphones, and taking it out of Game Mode?
 
Thanks for the help Chastity.

I have tried the 2 speaker / 2.1 mode, but the help is nominal. I don't see the 'game mode' option, though if there was that option i'm sure that would do the trick.
 
I think your game mode idea has some value. I installed the drivers again, and they worked fine. Then i played a game, and the sound got the muted effect. I am, however, unable to find any game mode, sensaura, or other such effect or mode in the realtek sound manager.
 
The muted effect is the artificial surround mode created by the drivers for the game effects. Unfortunately, I don't have a realtek system I can just test. I've fowarded this to some Realtek users and I'll foward a reply as soon as I get one.
 
i hope this helps:

<KngtRider> sensura only gets used when game calls it though
<KngtRider> ive never seen a card which uses it live
<KngtRider> realtek has psuedo EAX
<KngtRider> dsp environments
<KngtRider> maybe its that
<KngtRider> its in the blue panel
 
Back
Top