Really Weird Issue with My Z77 Sabertooth

BatJoe

Gawd
For some reason this just started happening and I can't find out whats going on to resolve it.

I have my system overclocked to 4.6Ghz (complete specs in sig). But for some reason even though I have my By All Cores set at 45, my system is reporting I am set at 48 according to CPU-Z and it is making my system completely unstable. I have all the Power saving features disable and Speedstep as well.

Any ideas?

Are you using any type of XMP profile while OCing your CPU? And from what I understand from your post is your MB UEFI bios reports 45 but CPU-Z is saying 48? Also what is your BLK speed?

No profile.

That's right. Bios reports 45 but in windows I'm actually 48!
Blk is default 100

With the sabertooth, do you have Asus Suite installed with Digi Power+ and is that also reporting 45 under the multiplier ? Had an issue on my X79 that mobo was 45 but under Digi Power+ in Asus suite somehow was 47 :/ and had to change it there to 45 to get my stability. Noticed sometimes they dont communicate with each other.

No Suite installed. After trying to restore all the defaults it still didn't work. Then I decided to do a firmware re-install and now it seems to be back to normal. Very odd!

That is quite intresting, glad it was just firmware hopefully saved your bios settings to re-apply :)

I have a similar issue, usually requires a CMOS reset to adjust my settings. Not a stability issue though.

Back