• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Really unhappy experience with Moniserv

Ravynmagi

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
1,464
I needed to get the polarization layer on my Dell 3007WFP-HC replaced. I heard of this company called Moniserv in San Francisco that does this work. So I opened an RMA with them, gave them my monitor model number and serial number. They accepted the RMA and I shipped it out to them.

After about a week they tell me they can't fix this because they don't have the right "part" to replace the polarization layer. I spoke with the tech on the phone just to make absolutely clear he understand what work I needed done. But insisted this isn't something he can fix.

I'm kinda annoyed that a company that fixes monitors and specifically advertises polarization layer replacement as a service can't fix a 30 inch Dell monitor. But more so, that they couldn't have determined this before I spent $70 shipping the monitor to them and will now have to pay another $25 to get it shipped back.

Ugh.
 
The left me a voicemail yesterday evening. The original RMA included a $25 return shipping cost and they quoted me that price again on the phone yesterday morning. However they apparently just realized the 30 inch monitor is rather large and will cost more than they quoted me and want $45 to return my monitor.

Anyone know if it's even legal to change the quoted shipping price of an RMA after they already accepted it? I can't believe how terrible this shop is. Definitely avoid this place if you need to get your monitor or TV repaired.
 
If they agreed to work on your monitor, but then change their mind when it arrives, its on them to ship it back to you at their expense unless they stated that it would be on you when you opened the RMA with them (I assume this is something in writing or a web form that you filled out and clicked accept to some kind of terms and conditions).

Unfortunately they have your monitor and can hold it hostage. If you care about your monitor pay them the money for shipping and then file claims with the BBB and whatever else you can do, have a lawyer send them a letter about taking them to small claims court, whatever.

You have to decide if the time, energy and money to fight them is worth putting them in their place, or if you just want to get out of this mess losing the least amount of money as possible and getting your monitor back as fast as possible.
 
If they don't take care of you the right way then make sure you leave reviews...

resellerratings
google reviews
yelp

etc
 
I can't believe I'm still fighting with this repair shop just to get the monitor back now.

A few hours after they told me in a voicemail that they wanted $45 to ship my monitor back (which is almost double what they originally told me it would cost to ship back). I noticed I was charged $23 on my credit card and that night I got a UPS tracking number. I thought finally at least they are going to ship me back the monitor at the original price (though at this point I thought it should be shipped back for free after this fiasco).

A week went by and I didn't get the monitor and I UPS tracking number was showing no information. I called the repair shop to find out the status and they said it was shipped already. I figure I'll just wait a bit longer then.

A second week goes by and no monitor. I call back and tell them I don't think they shipped the monitor, the tracking number still shows no update, so I think they charged me, created a label but never shipped. The lady tells me she'll have to check on this and get back to me.

A day later I get an email once again telling me they want me to pay another $22 to ship this. What the fuck, this again?

I just sent a reply to that email reminding her of some facts...

1. They accept an RMA for service they apparently can't perform and I'm upset about this.
2. They quoted me $23 for shipping.
3. They already charged me for shipping and even told me it was already shipped two weeks ago.

I told them I don't want to pay any additional shipping costs, I just want the monitor to be returned. I feel they've conducted themselves quite poorly to this point and should at least try to do this one tiny thing correct.

I do believe this is the absolute worst customer service experience I've ever dealt with in my life. I wish I was richer and had money to blow on a lawyer. So all I can do is rant a little and leave some some reviews of my experience on the above mentioned websites. Waiting to at least get the monitor back first though.
 
Unfortunately they have your monitor and can hold it hostage. If you care about your monitor pay them the money for shipping and then file claims with the BBB and whatever else you can do, have a lawyer send them a letter about taking them to small claims court, whatever.

Sorry to hear about your troubles OP.

THe BBB is just as a big a scam. basically companies just pay for good ratings.
 
Back
Top