REALLY stuck on NFS: U HELP!!

Roman02

2[H]4U
I'm really stuck on that race where u have 6 laps. It's the first one with 6 laps and I've countless times gotten to the end of the sixth lap just to hit something or have some invisible thing turn me all the way around. Is there any way to skip it or at least make it easier? This just really isn't fun.

Go really slow and just take your time and relaxe the first 5 laps then push the pedal to the firewall on the last lap is one tecnique.

It's hard trying to keep your concentration that long. Make sure you're not tired :D

Seriously, though, try letting the AI cars go and drive round slowly on a "test lap" to make sure you know all the shortcuts and best lines through corners. Also, try to look ahead as far as you can to give you more reaction time, and try to anticipate just like when driving IRL.

Although I didn't need to try it, I did hear that if you drop your car's performance mods down to, say, level 2, all the other cars in the race are similarly detuned, so you can run the race at a slower pace without losing places.

[k]

I found 2 easy ways to beat this.

1. Play Dirty: Anytime a car comes up on your bumper slow down, get beside him, and knock him for a spin.

2. Stay in second until last lap. The AI cars typically dont hit traffic. Follow them close and you should be ok.

The game has catch-up ability, so when I was really trying hard and doing well for the first 5 laps, id be so far ahead that the AI would use its 'uber-speed' to catch up and pass me on last lap. I've beaten the game twice now on Hard...so this technique has worked for me.

Downgrade your car. This will also cause the AI to be downgraded as well. Try it, it works.:)

underground's ai just sucks, to put it mildly :) . i'd suggest the first method to you-- let the ai go ahead for the first 5 laps (not too far ahead), then try to beat them on the 6th. the game got too frustrating for me at race 87 ;) .

I will admit, this game can be frusterating and it took me a while to beat it also. If you think its hard right now, wait till you get to about level 3 mods. Every damn race will piss you off and you will keep saying stuf like "THATS BULLSHIT!! WTF!!"

What I did on the last races is stop racing and race dirty. I always checked my map and when ever someone was coming close to me, I would check behind me and try to ram them into a wall. You wont really slow down but the car thats eating the wall can really mess him up. He or She can go from .02 seconds behind you to 5.93 seconds behind you.

i know exactly what you mean, i have almost all the level 3 mods, and i'm ranked like 4th, but i haven't played the game in a couple days, just cause i get so damn pissed when i brush the wall ever so slightly, and the ai gainst like 2 seconds on me.

i haven't tried downgrading any mods, but i know i race a dirty as i can.. hell sometimes i even hit traffic so it will cause the ai to wreck.

I love running the AI into traffic. Its the greatest feeling when you are racing away and on your map you see 2 triangles doing multible 360's.

Originally posted by Xenomaniac
I love running the AI into traffic. Its the greatest feeling when you are racing away and on your map you see 2 triangles doing multible 360's.

YESSSS I AGREE!!!

YEah I almost broke my keyboard I got so pissed off. It's ok though... gotta love Logitech. Anyway yeah just play dirty. Especially right at the beginning. I do that in sprint races. Make em spin right off the bat. Gives you a little cushion.

thanks for all the tips guys ill try it. i just wish i could skip it though :(.

i just simply gave up and used a trainer that gave me unlimited n2o..

yeah yeah, call me a lamer.. this game just pissed me off so bad after trying for an hour to beat a single race. *hits the very itsy bitsy teenie weenie corner of a pole* BAM! the whole car stops.

*Hits a sidewalk when turning* BAM! the car flips for 10 seconds.

Originally posted by Xenomaniac

lol me too.

Back