• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Really Short RAM

joebobsteve

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 12, 2010
Messages
80
I bought 2 of these from Amazon a week ago. Worked great and bought 2 more. The two that arrived today are much shorter. Same length and everything but are half as tall as the first 2.

The info on the memory packaging says pretty much the same stuff except for some minor differences. The model number is still the same.

I cant find any info on this change and my purchases were only a week apart. Am I getting the short end of the stick here? Its like what video card vendors do with non-reference PCBs.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Might be a cost cutting measure. I've been seeing more low end half-height DIMMs. If they still have the same tech specs and performance I don't think it should be a problem.
 
The half height RAM works fine as of now. Didnt boot up the first time. Took it out and re-seated and no problems.

I wonder if the smaller PCB cuts energy consumption and heat.
 
Back
Top