• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Really red CCFLs

Grammar Nazi

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
282
I got some ccfl at best buy a short while ago, it was fucking pink as hell. What kinds of CCFLs can I be sure are actually red? these ones look like they might be judging by the tube, but I seem to remember having seen them on display at compusa and thinking they were pink. Is it even worth the effort trying to find a decent red one, or should I just go for another color scheme?
 
get red neons
 
I thought that neons were a lot dimmer than CCFLs...what about those LED light tubes? Hopefully I can find a place that sells the red neons for a decent price. Thanks for the reply.
 
yeah with ccfl red=pink (een more so over time) try to salvage your buy with some red glass or plastic to tint the light as it comes threw (like a gell in thearter)

good luck
 
svc= nice red. I've tried alot of red CC for my case but I finally got the SVC 6" (I think that's the biggest size they come) and they are great.

I only have 2 6" in the case atm b/c I didnt wanna go and buy like 5 and find out they suck but I'm going to order more soon.

redcase00.jpg
 
so is this the one? it doesnt say anywhere for sure that it is the SVC one, but hopefully its what you got. Thanks for the advice.

edit: disregard the first part of this post, I'm a moron
 
Originally posted by Bionic_Tuna
Just go get some Brake Light Repair Tape and put it around your pink caths.
wouldnt that greatly dimish the amount of light coming out, because that kind of tape is much more opaque than the typicall coloring on a CCFL tube?
 
I have the same problem, I have a set of two pctoys ccfls from Compusa, they are really bright but almost the the fact they are a pale orange

I'm think of some sort of tint, like a tape or something that I can cover it width to make it not so bright.

litcase.jpg

opencase.jpg
 
its nice I was just about to buy it but they are chargin me too much for shipping. Is the item heavy or is just like a glass tube never bought this type of stuff before
 
hmm, thats interesting. I wouldnt actually mind pale orange that much, I just dont want pink.

Originally posted by confuzedaznboi
its nice I was just about to buy it but they are chargin me too much for shipping. Is the item heavy or is just like a glass tube never bought this type of stuff before
actually no, it just requires a bit of padding because they are fragile
 
Back
Top