Really need some help with a build

mazeroth

Limp Gawd
I just built a friend of mine a PC using the ASRock B450M Pro4 and a Ryzen 2600. I coupled it with a nice new MSI 1080 and EVGA 650w gold PS. I downloaded the latest Win10 install program and installed Win10 Pro from USB. I let Windows install everything automatically, minus the nvidia drivers. I thoroughly tested everything, did a mild 4.1 ghz overclock at 1.275v and mailed it out to him. It arrived, worked great, and he put it into sleep mode.

Taking it out of sleep mode, the computer says it can't find a network card. The network icon at the bottom right has a red mark on it. Rebooting the PC, it gets stuck in the initial BIOS screen where it says ASRock. Power cycling, each time, fixes it, and boots into Windows. So, the symptoms are:

Any time it goes into sleep mode, it says the network card can't be found. Every time he reboots the PC to fix this, it hangs in BIOS and must be manually powered down and back up for it to work. The motherboard was new but I had it for about 2 months. I did not update the firmware on it.

What are my options here? I really don't want to RMA the motherboard if I don't have to. Is there some stupid setting in Windows 10 that disables the network adapter to save energy after it's in sleep mode?

Thanks for any input. I greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Sleep mode is still a joke in windows. My parents computer won't do sleep mode at all. So they use hibernate when they don't need it for a while. XD

I appreciate the info. I called him and had him disable sleep altogether and enabled hibernate mode instead. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Back