Real world scenario

reaper7534!

Limp Gawd
Currently running a 950 Pro NVME drive for my operating system and commonly used programs. Would I see any real world difference upgrading to one of the new PCI-E 4.0 drives ? I know benchmarks show it, jsut don't know if I should invest in something else first

You are almost certain to get a more noticeable performance lift from upgrading any other component than the NVMe SSD from PCIe v3 to PCIe v4.

That being said, it would be super helpful to making a meaningful analysis if we knew what hardware you are using right now.

You are almost certain to get a more noticeable performance lift from upgrading any other component than the NVMe SSD from PCIe v3 to PCIe v4.

That being said, it would be super helpful to making a meaningful analysis if we knew what hardware you are using right now.

Ryzen 3600
Aorus Elite X570
16 GB Trident Z 3600
1070 Strix ( yes, it is getting old and is on the short list of upgrade ), I game at 1440p at 144 / 165 when oc'ed

Ryzen 3600
Aorus Elite X570
16 GB Trident Z 3600
1070 Strix ( yes, it is getting old and is on the short list of upgrade ), I game at 1440p at 144 / 165 when oc'ed

Definitely save your cash and put it towards a video card if you are really going to bother upgrading anything. You will get tons more mileage out of that than the SSD upgrade. Honestly, that system appears to be really solid as-is and anything you upgrade on it will only deliver diminishing returns at best (at least for gaming).

Yeah you won't tell the difference. As everyone says, spend the money elsewhere.

I will would depend on you use case. Gaming, no, productivity, maybe. I noticed a big improvement going from an 830 to a 970 evo on working with large files in word with referencing software.

Back