Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.
I'm running the IBT program and according to realtemp my cpu is spiking up to 3.4ghz fo 20 to 30 seconds at a time. I fired up cpu-z and it is showing 3.0 like it should be. Anybody ever seen this before or should I be worried?
I didn't think to take a shot of it. Real temp showed 3389.8 while cpu-z showed 3000.0 at the exact same time.3.0 is correct (7.5x400) It would stay like that and then drop to 3000.0. And the temp didn't spike up like the proc was running faster so I think I'll just call this a freak happening with realtemp.
its because cpu-z knows the multiplier, while real temp still thinks the multiplier is at default with speedstep causing the ups and downs. im assuming you lowered your multi and upped the FSB?
cpu-z is the accurate one, i wouldnt worry to much about it.