ReadyNAS Recovery

Hammer!

Limp Gawd
Hi, my ReadyNAS became unresponsive and I had to hard reboot the device. When the device rebooted, it looks like I lost my volume. When I log into the admin screen, I see the message “Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6”

Any suggestions on what I can do to recover? It was setup as RAID6 so while possible, it’s unlikely 2 disks failed at the same time? I checked a week or so ago and there were no errors and I also did not get any email notification on failed disks.

I’m tried shutting down and rebooting, as some forums suggested, but that did not help.

Thank you!

Try fully shutting down the system. Then unplug the power source. Give it sometime to discharge any power stored in the system. Pull each hard drive our and re-seat it back in. Then plug the power source and power it back on.

Hi, my ReadyNAS became unresponsive and I had to hard reboot the device. When the device rebooted, it looks like I lost my volume. When I log into the admin screen, I see the message “Remove inactive volumes to use the disk. Disk #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6”

Any suggestions on what I can do to recover? It was setup as RAID6 so while possible, it’s unlikely 2 disks failed at the same time? I checked a week or so ago and there were no errors and I also did not get any email notification on failed disks.

I’m tried shutting down and rebooting, as some forums suggested, but that did not help.

Thank you!
Can you post the logs from the unit?

Back