Ready to buy Logitech G700. Check a couple things on yours for me.

mothman

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello,

Been through several mice/brands lately. Most recently and currently the G500. As I'm sure is true for most of you, the form and function of all the mouse components is most important to me, like the feel of the left/right clicks, scroll wheel ect.
The first thing I wanted you to check on your G700 is how 'tight' and 'even' are the left/right click parts of the shell. I noticed on the G500 I have that there's space between the actual click switch and the shell, if you tap lightly on the shell above the switch you can hear an annoying pop sound of the shell hitting the top of the switch. This also causes uneven pressure when clicking.
Anyway thats the first test. Tap the top of the shell above both left/right clicks and if it's tight you won't hear any noise.
Second the scroll wheel on the G500 feels quite rough/loud in the click mode, not smooth and quiet as I had hoped. Please tell me if your G700 has a nice smooth/quiet scroll wheel.
Lastly the G700 from pics and videos looks like a quality piece. How's the fit and finish on yours. Are the seams nice and tight? is the scroll wheel centered in the opening ?

Thanks for your help!

there is no question here, the G-700 is perfect. 2 things... give it a week to settle into because it is very comfortable for your hand and the buttons are actually usefull. I set the ones by my thumb to the front two forward and back two back... I just havent found uses for all of em yet.. index finger buttons are page up and down with the center being my battery level indicator, dpi has been moved to below the scrollwheel lock to preven accidental hits.

second thing... get an eneloop rechargeable AA battery kit... you can get a two pack fast charging one at most camera stores or a larger pack at costco... both are around 20 bucks.

under heavy gaming or use at 500hz polling rate it lasts me 2 1/2 to 3 days on a single charge... the battery pack makes that a non issue... hope this helps...

BTW you dont need setpoint running in the background for your back and forward buttons to work. you just have to select the generic button instead of forward or back... the full descriptions of the generic buttons dont show until you click on them in the setpoint software. once your mouse is set up it saves the profile to the mouse... not your os.

I'll check some of these things for you when I get home. I bought mine two days ago and so far it's been nothing but great. Not going to judge battery life until drain the it several times first.

I don't get the popping but I know what you speak of. As for the scroll wheel yeah it's a little rough but I prefer it that way. On the other hand it's not really loud like my G9 was and the button to switch from clicky to smooth is right below the wheel. One thing people have noticed is that for side scrolling it seems a tad harder to push the wheel to the left than the right but I've seen Logitech reps say this was intentional. Like all current Logitech mice the scroll wheel button (mouse 3) takes the force of a thousand suns to push down but this one is a little better than the rest. I seem to be getting down to one bar of battery after about 7 hours but I'm hearing much better reports of battery life, I think I just need to drain this battery a few times.

Thanks alot you guys for replying,I really appreciate it. I went ahead and Newegge'd one, I should get it today.

Dude I'm not alone.:) You're as picky as I. I hate mice that have the loose feeling on any buttons, left-right or thumbs. I've also had some that you can press down lightly and it feels as though the button is hitting something, but not the switch. Anyway good to know there are others out there like me.

Yes indeed Gman!.....I work on Autocad all day which is actually alot like gaming in that it requires alot of quick, precise movements so the way a mouse behaves is all important to me. I did get my G700 and 'am happy to say it is the first mouse I've bought in a long time thats built just about perfectly. The left/right clicks (the shell) are nice and tight, no loose popping noises, the fit and finish are excellent. This is also the best tracking mouse I've owned with no detectable wireless lag, no jitters or strange movements, just overall very smooth and comfortable. Also someone else mentioned the high piched noise, mine is dead silent wired or USB with my ear right next to it, so is my G500 for that matter. I'd highly recommend the G700 to anyone who's considering one.

Back