• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Reached my Max OC?

Swat

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
1,186
Well , I'm able to run my barton 2800 @ 3200 speeds with quite easy and only using 1.72vcore. Case temps are 30C and CPU temps are usually 32-33C. I'm running an Abit NF7-S v2.0 with PC3500 mushkin lvl2. I've been able to run my comp 10.5x214 1.75vcore prime stable and everything and still only get a max load of 39C. Thing is , when I up it to 11x214 and up the vcore prime will usually run for about 13hrs or so then it just crashes. I'll click on prime when I wake up and it just vanishes from my task bar. I'm taking this as instabality but I'm not quite sure , any ideas or methods I should try.
 
So, prime95 just shuts itself down ? Sounds instable to me, but usually when I'm close to my max it just errors immediately or after 6-12 hours.

Also, you're sleeping 13 hours? I envy you.
 
Prime95 stable 13hrs ?

I would call it stable. Try stressing with another program like Hot cpu tester. They have a 6hr test if you pass it, then your comp is stable.

Some computer fail Prime95 in a few mins but pass the 6hrs test of Hot cpu tester and nver crash in anything else.
 
Originally posted by angrybusdriver
So, prime95 just shuts itself down ? Sounds instable to me, but usually when I'm close to my max it just errors immediately or after 6-12 hours.

Also, you're sleeping 13 hours? I envy you.

Yea , no error message or anything. I just move my mouse towards the icon in the taskbar and it disappears.

Nah , I'm not sleeping 13's hours hehe , I'll usually run it a couple of hours before I go to bed. Time I wake up it's usually 13's hrs past.
 
Back
Top