RE4 coming in HD to 360/Ps3 (oh an RE:CV also)

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/23/resident-evil-revival-selection/
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/03/23/re_revival_selection/
http://www.andriasang.com/e/posts/2011/03/23/270169/

Joystiq said:
Biohazard (Resident Evil): Revival Selection, a set of high-definition updates of RE 4 and Code Veronica, that Famitsu says is headed to 360 and PS3. According to Andriasang, the full title may be "Resident Evil Revival Selection HD Remastered Version," and fair warning: If we have to type that out in full every time, we'll never cover this game again.

The updates, which have only been announced for Japan at the moment, will feature RE 4's bonus Ada Wong scenario, "Separate Ways."

A few of the comments have some good points regarding that "hopefully they put Move/Kinect integration in there". Being that they did that with the Wii, I would assume Move should be fairly easy to adopt; not sure about Kinect.

I've been hoping eventually they'd make a RE4HD and finally my dream has come true. One of my favorite games of all time and definitely on my top 10 of at least the last few generations.

Yes I'll be buying the game a 3rd time, and I don't care. I loved the GC version, I still love the Wii version, and I'll definitely love this on 360 (probably get 360 over Ps3 since graphics are usually a hair better, tone and shadow wise, on 360....for a game with a lot of "dark", 360 is my knee-jerk 'way to go' on which to buy).

Amazing. RE4 is probably the best game in the series outside of the original. I'll be buying this the day that it's released. Hopefully they add in some sort of co-op, although it wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Sweet! I still think RE4's probably the best game I've played in the last decade and I'd put it in my top 5 of all-time.
Honestly, a graphical update without changing anything else is all I'd want.

Sweet! I still think RE4's probably the best game I've played in the last decade and I'd put it in my top 5 of all-time.
Honestly, a graphical update without changing anything else is all I'd want.

I'll take the "not changing anything else" and add "except they better implement a decent dual analog setup"

I never played it on PS2 though, so I'm assuming that's already been shoehorned in?

Could you walk and shoot on the PS2 version? I don't know if I can do another 'stop and pop' game in 2011. RE5 was barely serviceable (IMO) with it's stop/aim control scheme as is. I'll take the Dead Space modified version of walking slow when you aim, but with full movement still available.

Blapsphemy, I'm sure = /

Edit:
ooooo, I never got to play Code Veronica. Just saw that in the article. Sweeeeet. I also wouldn't mind seeing the GC versions of RE1 and RE0 come to the 360/PS3

It's cool that they're doing CV but I'd much rather have an RE2 HD Reskin than RE4, 4 is still pretty recent. I hope they leave CV's camera system in tact as well none of this commando shit from 4 and 5.

It's cool that they're doing CV but I'd much rather have an RE2 HD Reskin than RE4, 4 is still pretty recent. I hope they leave CV's camera system in tact as well none of this commando shit from 4 and 5.
CV graphics, while not anything special, are at least in somewhat HD. It's a much easier upconvert than RE2 which would require you to actually reskin the entire game.

RE4 is easily my favorite game of all time. Any port is a day one purchase, but an HD port is day... minus one?

Moving while shooting would break the game. It doesn't belong in RE4. The weapons and enemies are all designed around the player being stationary while shooting.

Scans:

http://biohaze.imgur.com/97S06#nBIAw

Looks like it will have an updated mercenaries mode with co-op (I see Wesker healing Jill) and uh... Jill.

Hard to see if the graphics are much improved since the scans aren't very detailed.

Also looks like CV will play just like classic RE, which is great. As much as I love RE4, the old school style of RE is sorely missed.

edit: My mistake, all that mercenaries stuff is from the 3DS game...

Capcom isn't happy unless it releases every one of its games 10 times. What a joke.

Don't fall for this pathetic cash-grab.

Resident Evil 4 and Code: Veronica running under the latest build of MT Framework? Yes, please.

Bring it to the states!

Moving while shooting would break the game. It doesn't belong in RE4. The weapons and enemies are all designed around the player being stationary while shooting.

No it's called evolution and been shown to far from ruin anything by a game in it's own genre. If it still has that archaic control system then no thanks.....if they update the game mechanics and add some 3D then I'll be all over it.

RE4 is easily my favorite game of all time. Any port is a day one purchase, but an HD port is day... minus one?

Moving while shooting works great in Dead Space. Coming from a long time RE fan, Dead Space is my new horror game. Yet I still can't wait to dive into RE4 and RE: CV again.

Also looks like CV will play just like classic RE, which is great.
Where you expecting something different? Did you never play it? CV is exactly like old RE except the backgrounds are fully rendered.

Capcom isn't happy unless it releases every one of its games 10 times. What a joke.

I like old games re-released with improved gameplay and graphics, especially RE games like this since CV was the last true RE game.

RE4 doesn't need to evolve because RE4 is a piece of history. The game was designed around standing still while shooting. If a Dead Space style move while shooting system is shoehorned into RE4, then the careful balance that exists in the action sequences and boss fights is lost.

RE4 remains the ultimate boss fight game. No action game even approaches RE4's bestiary of varied, exciting boss fights. All of those fights were built around the combat mechanic of stop and shoot. Adding movement while shooting to RE4 would be like slapping a coat of blue and red paint on the Mona Lisa to make it 3D.

Stopping to shoot is probably a dead gameplay mechanic, which is fine. I won't particularly miss it, since RE is the only series to ever do it halfway right, and it was never a really fun mechanic until RE4. But no matter what you may think about stopping to shoot, that is how RE4 works. Change that, you change the game, almost certainly for the worse.

Capcom has a few pics up http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhrs/

Joystiq just reported they're coming to NA this fall via download (a few more new pics here as well)
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/24/resident-evil-4-code-veronica-hd-downloads/
If you're interested in the HD versions of Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica X included in the Resident Evil: Revival Selection, you'll be able to acquire them in an exceptionally convenient manner: through Xbox Live Arcade and PSN.

Capcom just announced that the two ports will be released as downloads in North America this fall -- as separate games, as opposed to the bundled release Capcom is planning for Japan. Check out more screens of the HD version of Resident Evil 4 in our gallery. Or just check out the logos for both games. Seriously. Look at those logos.

Call me a sucker then 'cause I'll gladly fork over cash for RE4 a 3rd time to get to enjoy the game in HD. The last few times I've played through RWiivel4 I said to myself "man I bet this game would look even more amazing in [better than progressive scan] HD". ;)

Last edited:
Adding movement while shooting to RE4 would be like slapping a coat of blue and red paint on the Mona Lisa to make it 3D.

Anaglyphic 3D is soooooo yesterday's news.....much like being rooted to the spot whilst shooting ;)

Both games day 1! I can't wait, I must have played RE4 through a dozen times, but couldn't stand it anymore when I got a HDTV.

I haven't' played RE4 yet, almost ready to once I beat some other games.... but yeah now I'll wait for the HD version. Cool! :)

I'm firmly in the "I want to move and shoot camp", but if RE4HD whateverthehell is a reasonably priced download and and a leap in graphical fidelity, then I can tolerate it as an XBLA throwback.

I have to disagree that a slow walking/aiming mechanic would "break" the game. That would absolutely not detract from the claustrophobic atmosphere when you're pinned inside a house and crazies are coming down the chimney. It won't keep a boss from getting in the occasional whack. I'm not talking 'Vanquish' levels of batshit crazy backflips and super slides here.

A slow walk while aiming would be a totally welcome addition, and anybody who says otherwise is simply being, in my opinion, defensively nostalgic for no good reason.

I'm not demanding it, it's an old game, so it would be silly to expect it in RE4. My original question was regarding it's inclusion into the PS2 version, with it's dual analog vs. that POS that was the gamecube controller.

I will say it's an outdated mechanic, and it had no business being in RE5. Capcom didn't keep the game mechanic because it's better than other control schemes. They kept it because they're a stubborn Japanese game company that was slow to warm to the idea of change.

Resident Evil 4 Special Extra Ultra Super-Definition Championship Biohazardous Edition to be released on the PS4 and the next Xbox on 2015.

"Can't wait to buy this for the fifth time and get to play this on the new controllers and with Kinect/PSMove 2.0!"

I've almost had enough of RE4; I bought it on GC when it first came out and I'm really glad I bought it new for the Wii for $20 but I could be suckered in to buying it again for the 360 if it's really well done. I have definitely been wanting to play CV again so I'll be getting that (or both if they're sold together).

I've almost had enough of RE4; I bought it on GC when it first came out and I'm really glad I bought it new for the Wii for $20 but I could be suckered in to buying it again for the 360 if it's really well done. I have definitely been wanting to play CV again so I'll be getting that (or both if they're sold together).

I hope it has move support on the PS3. RE4 with the wiimote worked surprisingly well.

I hope it has move support on the PS3. RE4 with the wiimote worked surprisingly well.

I tried it with the the Wiimote but I kept getting overrun buy those spanish zombies or whatever they were, But passed the game with a controller, so who knows. I never cared for CV but an HD remake for RE4 would be awesome at say ....$19.99.

I have the Move also and it would probably perform much better than the Wiimote, with it being much more presice an all.

Resident Evil 4 Special Extra Ultra Super-Definition Championship Biohazardous Edition to be released on the PS4 and the next Xbox on 2015.

"Can't wait to buy this for the fifth time and get to play this on the new controllers and with Kinect/PSMove 2.0!"

You dont like remakes, we got that already. Nothing better to do than troll a forum? Some people wouldn't mind rebuying the game. Some lost their original copies, others cant play their copies (like me, dreamcast died so no CV). I'll definately be picking these up.

Personally I don't mind payign a few bucks for games I really enjoy. I am the type of person who will replay a game I like several times, so if my next replay can be at 1080p then I'm all for it.

I very recently played through RE4 for the first time. I was playing the Wii version and the Wii controller felt like cheating. Headshots are so easy with it compared to analog. Having said that it was an epic game and one of my all time favorites. Being able to move and shoot would break the game. Many of the boss fights can be exploited for easy wins, not even counting the 1-hit kills with the rocket launcher. RE5 was the same way for many boss fights.

Regardless, mixed on whether I will buy this. It will be extremely tempting to buy this for trophies, Move, and HD. RE4 is great, but do I need it on a second system? I am against changing any gameplay elements.

You dont like remakes, we got that already. Nothing better to do than troll a forum? Some people wouldn't mind rebuying the game. Some lost their original copies, others cant play their copies (like me, dreamcast died so no CV). I'll definately be picking these up.

Personally I don't mind payign a few bucks for games I really enjoy. I am the type of person who will replay a game I like several times, so if my next replay can be at 1080p then I'm all for it.

You really think you will get either game at 1080p? That will no doubt come with the next rehash of the last great RE to come out, probably in a year or two.

If you think I was trolling and got worked up enough to call me a troll, go here and make it official.

You really think you will get either game at 1080p? That will no doubt come with the next rehash of the last great RE to come out, probably in a year or two.

If you think I was trolling and got worked up enough to call me a troll, go here and make it official.

Go away! :(:(:(:mad:
Why wouldn't they be 1080p, 360 should be able to render RE4 at that resolution if they don't add any other graphical gimmicks. Code Veronica for sure, if the backgrounds are pre-rendered.

obvious_troll.jpg

am i the only one that thought re4 was the worst in the series? maybe i played it when the graphics were too dated.

I will probably buy it. I like Resident Evil 1 a lot...mostly for nostalgia factors and I really enjoy the mansion setting. Plus the terrible voice acting is awesome...'Weeeskkerrrrr'...'blood...is this...CHRIS' BLOOD??!?!', love it.

am i the only one that thought re4 was the worst in the series? maybe i played it when the graphics were too dated.

yes... yes you are :D

RE4 is a great game. I didn't like it at first... but it definitely grew on me as I played it.

Back