Re-Installed XP, now I cant see my SATAs or RAID

dangfx

Gawd
I tried out Vista for a little while, and I was getting too many (in)stability issues because of my new sound card (E-MU 0404). Besides, I think I like XP better for right now...

I install XP normally, without pressing F6 at setup, because I've never had to. I've always installed my HDD drivers (SATA and RAID) after. But I've completely updated XP with SP2 and all security updates and everything, and now I can't even see my 3 SATA drives (2 in RAID-0) at all, even in the Disk Manager. They do, however, show up in my BIOS.

Any help?

Config:
Asus A8N-E rev. 2
AMD 4400+
2x WD 74gb SATA (in RAID-0)
1x WD 80gb IDE (with the new WinXP install)
1x Maxtor 200gb SATA
7800GTX
E-MU 0404 PCI sound card (onboard sound disabled)

Thats about it, i think. And Windows cant see the two 74gb WDs, or the Maxtor. Can anyone help?

EDIT: according to this it seems like SP2 should have native SATA/RAID drivers. However, when I updated to SP2, nothing changed... no SATA drives showed up... :(

never mind.... just installed the chipset drivers from Asus. It worked (!!) but I thought i didn't have to do this. :)

You didn't have to install drivers for your IDE drive with the OS, but you would need drivers for the SATA/RAID after XP is installed, right?

The F6 thing is for the drive that Windows is installed on.

Back